WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

SMALL BUSINESS RUN TOTALY OFF A LAPTOP AND MOBILE

basejumpbasejump subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2008 in Selecting a Business

G`Day everyone, Iam new to startupnation and come from down under.

It’s a known saying that everything that happens in America happens in Australia 2 years later. So I thought I might get some ideas or inspiration advice from a site like startupnation.

Iam a little disillusioned with just getting started on a home business as I’m at a age where really I need to get going now, 42.

I like to travel and have not travelled for a long time now, I have always wanted to visit America and have a really good look around. But the problem is like many have, is TIME and MONEY.

I don’t have the time or money so my dream is escaping me.

I decided that the only way to travel and visit America and travel around your country and other parts of the world would be a small humble business that I can totally run from a laptop and mobile. Is this possible or em I dreamin.

I’m not looking at something that makes millions but something that’s the equal to what I’m earning now, just under $1000 a week.

So was wondering is there any one here that may be able to help in some way.  Before it’s too late. By the way I’m single and might find a wife along the way.

J

Comments

• spungeyspungey subscriber Posts: 2
    If you have your own capital to um ... risk, then you could get good at trading currencies and/or equities and/or bonds all over the world.  Nearly every good clearing house has brokerage with a good virtual presence.  Then, no matter where you go, there you are.
    Second idea:  Some specialized kind of travel agent or agency?
    Good luck, and welcome to our party!
  • vapourlockvapourlock subscriber Posts: 4
    Welcome to the forums, basejump !

Ah, I have a dream like that. I need to change my laptop for a hassle free travel though.

My friends here on the community with kill me, but, I should dare say - freelancing is a beautiful option. Provided you know how to go about it and you are really good at what you do. If you aren`t , take time and bring up the genious in you.

Spungey`s Travel Agency ideas is a good one too....Maybe you would want to specialze and focus on a niche? Arrange for a customized, wild tour of australia for American tourists? Or vice-versa?

Web-services is a beauty too. Man, what did Internet do to the economies of the world? Imagine a business entirely run from a coffee shop on the streets of Milan, Italy.
    vapourlock1/31/2008 4:37 AM
  • spungeyspungey subscriber Posts: 2
      ... Imagine a business entirely run from a coffee shop on the streets of Milan, Italy.  
    All that beauty walking around in front of all that grandeur ... who could work at all?  You`d need a 4 hour work week for that gig. 
  • vapourlockvapourlock subscriber Posts: 4
      ... Imagine a business entirely run from a coffee shop on the streets of Milan, Italy.  
    All that beauty walking around in front of all that grandeur ... who could work at all?  You`d need a 4 hour work week for that gig. 

You would be the boss....You decide your time
  • RicWillmotRicWillmot subscriber Posts: 14
    There are three necessities to be successful in business:

Market need

Competency

Passion

Be completely clear and congruent with these three components before aimlessly spraying your entrepreneurship across the landscape.
    Rgds,
    Ric
    RicWillmot1/31/2008 9:07 PM
  • derekmderekm subscriber Posts: 0
    I was out in Costa Rica recently and a fella at the resort had his laptop out along with his Skype phone attached to it.  He was telling me how he is a programmer who works on a contract basis by the project and he works virtually all over the world.  His base camp is in Phoenix but he says he has all the tools he needs with the laptop and phone.
    I guess what I am getting at is that businesses are really looking towards computerized solutions, and odds are you will be able to find a job at a medium sized business and work off-site where ever you want.  You don`t need to limit yourself to Australia.  I am not sure of your background but if you have programming skills put them to use, if you don`t then take an 8 - 12 month course and rack up some experience along the way.
    This Costa Rica fella has 3 or 4 projects on the go at any given time and he says he pulls in north of 6 six figures every year.
    Just some ideas.
  • basejumpbasejump subscriber Posts: 1
     Imagine a business entirely run from a coffee shop on the streets of Milan, Italy.
     Now your talking ! thats it perfect I want that hehehehe remember Im single
    hehehe

Everyone here might laugh but there are people doing this ..... think about that...

Welcome to the forums, basejump !

Ah, I have a dream like that. I need to change my laptop for a hassle free travel though.

My friends here on the community with kill me, but, I should dare say - freelancing is a beautiful option. Provided you know how to go about it and you are really good at what you do. If you aren`t , take time and bring up the genious in you.

Spungey`s Travel Agency ideas is a good one too....Maybe you would want to specialze and focus on a niche? Arrange for a customized, wild tour of australia for American tourists? Or vice-versa?

Web-services is a beauty too. Man, what did Internet do to the economies of the world? Imagine a business entirely run from a coffee shop on the streets of Milan, Italy.

• nolimits2wealthnolimits2wealth subscriber Posts: 1
    Gday Basejump I`M from down under too, and I have the perfect business for you if you are still looking and are serious.
    This business can be run entirely from a lap topanywhere in the world,and yes your mobile will be handy too.
    You can earn as little as $1000 USD p/w or the sky`s the limit, I know guys who are earning $100k+ a month here,and they have only been in the business 3-4 mths.
    Look forward to your reply.
    Guys my business can be run from anywhere, and you don`t need to be a rocket scientist to be earning big bucks, If a geese farmer can earn $30,000 a month I`m sure you can too.
  • MalteMalte subscriber Posts: 4
    Nolimits2wealth and Tack,
    What are you guys selling? It`s always weird when people have these great ideas, and can`t wait to tell about how much money you can make in seconds without doing anything. Funny enough the very same people never seem to tell much about the business opportunity they are offering.
    Malte
    Malte,
    Curiousity killed the cat, but the cat couldn`t read.
    You can read can`t you?
    I guess I can yes.... Still your website does not contain easy read information on WHAT you are offering (more than a good extra income by doing nothing).
    If it is really so good, so easy and with so high returns, why does every MLM shark have to hide the real information? I`m just curious...
    Malte,
    Well maybe you need to decide wether or not you are really serious about finding a legitimate business opportunity, or wether you are prepared to do a bit of homework, a bit of due dilligance, I mean seriously how hard is it to find out about what is being offered,all it may require is a simple google search on a few key words and hey presto there it is, nobody told me about it, but I took the initiative and found out for myself.
    At the end of the day, It doesn`t matter what someone tells you about anything,unless your prepared to go out and do some homework, the chances are you will only end up getting yourself scammed by something that you are probably not even interested in.
    So thats all I can offer you, If your serious, find out!
    Other than that all you have to do is go to the web site and do as it tells you, How hard is that?
    Some advice I can offer you though, is this is a genuine business oportunity, it is not some fly by nite internet scam, yes you can and will make a lot of money if thats what you want....But at the end of the day it is you , and only you that knows what you really want..So YOUR future lies in you hands...no one elses!
    The thing is that you want to sell me (or another person) something, so you would want to make it easy for me. On the internet you have one shot, and sometimes only a few seconds of the users time before the user is on his way to a new website.
    If it really is suck a good business, that`s legal and works as easy as 1-2-3, why is it that the real information is never available on these websites, unless you sign up with all your contact info? Please explain, cause I`m really curious about it.
    It`s quite simple!
    Because we only want those that are serious, &it is designed to weed out the tyre kickers....Answer this question honestly...
    Would YOU expect to pay for a genuine business that offered you the opportunity to earn $100,000 a month, and can you imagine how many people would be wanting to know how they could earn such money?
    Or would you rather pay $9.95 to spend 60 hours a week clicking on a website link to earn .01c a click, and maybe earn a whopping $5.00 a week.
    By the way you probaly entered more information about yourself to join this forum, than you would to find out about this business.
    `If you want things in your life to change, you have to change the things in your life`