WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Business Story Website

I love hearing about different people`s businesses and how they got started but it seems like a lot of the coverage is on the high flying businesses like Google, Microsoft and such.  I want to start a website that lets ordinary business owners tell their story whether they are brick and mortar businesses or online businesses.  Not sure how or if I would be able to generate money from this endeavor but I would put the site up just to read the interviews.  I could set up a page that let business owners fill out a question and answer form with stock questions for them to answer.  Then post it in categories.  I haven`t found this type of site out there and wanted to know what people thought of the idea.  I am not sure if other people would find benefit to this type of site.  Any suggestions or feedback?
Jason Thoerner

Comments

• REXMARTINREXMARTIN subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello.
    I have started up a new  business, it is related to computer stationery.
    I am selling mostly blank cds and dvds. I also sell pen-drives, head-phones, speakers etc.
    ======================================================
    REX
    4th Dimension is a BPO.
    4th Dimension
    REXMARTIN9/8/2008 2:51 AM
  • thoerner13thoerner13 subscriber Posts: 3
    Craig,
    Thanks for the welcome and the feedback.  You are thinking along the same lines I was about how to create a site that would let a business owner answer questions about their business online and then it would be formatted and posted on the site.  I would want to do a little background on each company with maybe some questions before posting it.  Just to make sure things were clear and in good taste.  I would ask for some pics to be uploaded of the business.  Of course this would be free to the businesses completing the questionnaire.  I think it would be a great way to get some free publicity for the companies that wanted to participate. 
    Would anyone on StartupNation be interested in posting their business on a site like this?  And any domain name ideas for a site like this? 
    I would have to work on some type of revenue model to at least cover the hosting expenses.  would love to make money off the site somehow but I hate trying to read things with ads everywhere so banner ads aren`t my first choice.  And I am not really sure how much I would make with adsense on the page either.  any other suggestions?
    Sincerely,
    Jason Thoerner
  • acruxadsacruxads subscriber Posts: 2
    I like the idea. It`s hard getting exposure as a young entrepreneur.
    Any blogs/sites that offer exposure is great. It`s also great for aspiring entrepreneurs.
    Good luck with it and please send me a link when you have the first version up.
  • AngelDoughAngelDough subscriber Posts: 0
    Very interesting idea.....I was thinking about interviewing serial entrepreneurs and creating a subscription based business whereby entrpreneurs would join to receive monthly interview on a specific topic....I have even own www.SerialEntrepreneurs.com (was thinking about also maybe publishing a book of the interviews....)

Are you also thinking about offering a Q&A like Yahoo Answers or LinkedIn Aswers? that could be very cool, I am working on that now for a college student related site....
  • bradley1bradley1 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Brian,

I really liked your post, interesting perspective. I was looking out for the same kind of information. Thanks a lot.
    _________________________Home Based Businessbradley110/4/2008 8:42 AM