WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Becoming a Vendor for Stores

bigslickbigslick subscriber Posts: 4
edited August 2007 in Business Planning
Hi,
I have been in the process of starting up a company over the past 3 years.  Currently I am having a company manufacture my product which should be ready in 3-4 weeks (exciting times). 
Here is my question.  Although I will be starting with a grass routes effort, ideally I would like this product on the big stores shelves.  All agreements that I read with these companies ask for a Dunn and Bradstreet Number and check.  Does anybody have any information on this?  How can you use this service if you are not an established company and do not have a credit history as a company?
Thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Ryan

Comments

• Options
    bigslickbigslick subscriber Posts: 4
    Thanks Ron.  Your tips on building up credit are helpful.  The funny thing is is that a company would not be required to pay for good until once they are delivered, so there really is no risk that I can see. 
    I guess nowadays it all comes down to who you know and/or how much money you have.  I don`t have either, but I do have a very creative product that I believe in and that has been fun to work on.
  • Options
    RetiredMemberRetiredMember subscriber Posts: 0
    Ryan, over on my "other forum" - we did a long thread that has some great details about D&B and building business credit....
    Here`s the link. (We`ll see if a LONG link makes it thru` this way...  )
    Nick

NOTICE:
    These information products are supplied for entertainment purposes only. We are not responsible for any other use you may make of this material. The risk of using this or any other information product is solely yours. Please check with a qualified professional before making any legal, financial or other important decisions.
    CAVEAT EMPTOR.
     OldNikko2007-8-16 17:42:1
  • Options
    RetiredMemberRetiredMember subscriber Posts: 0
    OOPS!!
    Please do NOT click the Caveat Emptor link... I missed changing it to the "front page"...
    Sorry!
    Nick