WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Boomers still leading the way

saxmanstevesaxmansteve subscriber Posts: 5
edited January 2017 in Boomers Back in Business
It seems we`re still leading the way for the younger generations.I have started to see articles and posts about Gen Xers but not really understood which group the term refers to. Now I know, because the subject of a Harvard Business Review Ideacast is how Gen Xers (the 40 year olds it tells me) are all thinking of starting their own businesses.  They`re facing the same issues with corporations that boomers do/did.Seems to me this means there is, and will continue to be, a massive market amongst the small business owners.That`s obviously why we have Start up NationSmart move guys
saxmansteve2007-7-15 6:8:59

Comments

• john146john146 subscriber Posts: 0
    There is a massive move to small, even micro-business. Glenn Reynolds, of
    Instapundit fame, wrote a book on the
    subject: An Army of Davids. (I wanted to link to it, but this posting software
    puts line feeds into long links, making it not work)

I haven`t read the book yet (it`s in my pile). But I suspect it points out the
    advantage people are finding to taking control of their lives, and the change
    back to a more "cottage industry" style of living.john1462007-7-15 13:13:28
  • RetiredMemberRetiredMember subscriber Posts: 0
    Not to worry Craig, they WILL get their due -- and it ain`t gonna` be pretty.
    Kinda` funny what a little dose of starvation and deprivation will do to that kind of thinking....
    Nick
  • GLDNGIRLGLDNGIRL subscriber Posts: 0
    I consider myself a "Boomer" leading the way. I am in the midst of starting a new non-profit organization that will establish health care clinics delivering preventative, routine medical, dental, mental care with vision and hearing screenings at a very affordable cost. I have a business plan, and a solid business concept looking for funding. The cost of the health care is meant to help uninsured and under insured persons have access to routine check ups, teeth cleaning, therapy. This is to prevent emergency cases and thereby save money to hospitals (for unpaid medical bills), insured persons (for cost sharing to cover the cost of unpaid medical bills) and tax payers (that reason is self-explanatory).
    Would anyone in this forum know of a funding source willing to consider helping this organization get off the ground?
  • ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    While most of us don't live under the public scrutiny of George Clooney, we are still a world obsessed with youth. Baby Boomers, the original peace-loving green .