WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

tlisatlisa subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2009 in Selecting a Business
Hello all,
I`m  a new member here and I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of or has used www.volusion.com. I was offered a free 2-week trial, and although I was impressed, I`m not ready to jump in feet first and start my business without doing much research. Any ideas?
tlisa6/8/2009 9:48 AM

Comments

• RanksIntlRanksIntl subscriber Posts: 0
    Unfortunately, I haven`t had any experience with them either.  What is your business?  There may be sites with shopping carts better geared toward the product that you are selling. 
  • tlisatlisa subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi, thanks for your response my idea is to have an online store of different things to sell, jewelry, household items, garden, home furnishings, and things of that nature, The only thing is I don`t have my own products I thought I`d work with vendors to sell their products online. You know how your always gettin those catalogs in the mail, Seventh Avenue, Ginnys etc. well that was my idea. What are your thoughts on this?
    Tlisa!
  • tlisatlisa subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi thanks for your response, the thought behind my idea is since I don`t have my own products I would work with different vendors and sell their products through an online store. That way I would not have to worry about the overhead, and storing products, everything would be done for me through these vendors which would include shipping. I`ve looked at Bonanzle and I actually was impressed with their site. I just don`t think it would work for me since I don`t have my own products to sell.