WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Best business software for a growing company

BiznezBiznez subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2016 in Business Planning
I have started a new business, and have already covered a lot of the basic startup areas for my new company. I have my articles of organization and have registered for an LLC. With the help of my wife (who’s an accountant) I have been able to get things setup professionally and quickly.

I am at a point where I am looking for a company wide software solution that will grow along with my business. I came across a good article that outlined a lot of the things I was wondering about http://www.business-tracking-software.c ... -software/

I am interested to know what other people are using for their business. I am also curious to know your overall thoughts on the software you work with. (easy to use or not?) I also need something that will apply to more areas of my business than just accounting.

I would like to be able to place orders, track inventory and invoicing, create help desk tickets and log them, and have calendar functions for project management and scheduling.

Based on the road map I have created for my company all of these features will be important for growth in the next year. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Bill
Biznez

Comments

• Options
    ShipwireShipwire subscriber Posts: 0
    http://www.shipwire.com for order fulfillment, inventory and growing your business in the U.S., Canada and Europe.
    OK enough about us.
    There are many shopping carts, order and inventory solutions. you need to decide on whether you want simple (paypal cart), hosted, open source or software you install on a server.  Or if you want an all in one solution something like NetSuite (can be expensive).  We`ve got a list we work with; but, it can serve as a nice list of places to start.  http://www.shipwire.com/help/c/how-it-works/carts/
    calendars and such - google aps for your domain is nice
    Salesforce.com has lots of modules if your willing to pay a bit - help tix, etc.
    Many forum software products are free and you can use them for support case tracking too.  phpbb is one option.  I`ve seen others. 
    My recommendation is look at a company that you like to buy from and see how they handle some of these processes.
    Nate
  • Options
    AaronSAaronS subscriber Posts: 1
    For my personal consulting practice I try to use Quicken for most of my accounting / invoice needs. I don`t know much about help desk tickets and so forth though
    However, I do strongly recommend a business graphics product (my employer, SmartDraw, makes one.) I`ve found that business graphics software is pretty invaluable when it comes to communication, both with clients and co-workers, and is also a pretty good tool for self-management. I work in marketing so I tend to rely heavily on flowcharts to explain my marketing processes to my own co-workers and I also use mind maps extensively for brainstroming. It might seem like a bit of a gimmick to use business charts and such, but I`ve found them to be helpful.
  • Options
    redblackredblack subscriber Posts: 0
    Really i like your post and you have share the best information about it. it is a very useful for everyone. i have share this information with my friend.
  • Options
    AshleyWhiteAshleyWhite subscriber Posts: 34 Bronze Level Member
    How about a good payroll/invoicing software. That is really needed right?
  • Options
    lightingguylightingguy subscriber Posts: 0
    Off the top of my head the most flexible system that I've used would probably be sales force, so many add ons, I think literally would grow with the business. It was the second system I tried when I first set up my stage lighting firm.
  • Options
    movingsoftwaremovingsoftware subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    As you have just started your business, I would recommend you to buy an accounting software to manage and strategically plan your business future. Believe me, such accounting softwares can be of many great benefits to your business and the best part of such software is that it is very easy to use.
  • Options
    movingsoftwaremovingsoftware subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Most would agree with the fact that there are many great benefits for growing business using integrated software. Not only that business softwares can help companies be more efficient, spot areas for cost savings and identify new business opportunities.
  • Options
    Though software alone can help there is something to be said about a company with years of experience in the industry using the newest api technology out there. Whether it be a software like Limelight or not. Specialty Fulfillment Center has several warehouses throughout the United States for Domestic Drop Shipping and Fulfillment and partnering with Custom Parcel SOlutions has international Warehouses in Canada, United kingdom, China, and Australia. http://pickandship.com and http://customparcelsolutions.com
  • Options
    ybmindframeybmindframe subscriber Posts: 1
    Insightly is a great CRM and it's practically free. I do marketing! branding and consulting for entrepreneurs and this does a great job, so I upgraded to the paid edition for a few bucks a month but the free version offers plenty.
  • Options
    harryventharryvent subscriber Posts: 48 Bronze Level Member
    There are tons of management software in online. In my start-up stage I use multiple software for business, after I realize it loss of money using multiple software. Next move onto Apptivo software, through this software to manage all business process without any burden. It's pretty good choice for start-up business, cost affordable and easy to use. Try to connect them.
  • Options
    QuickFMSQuickFMS subscriber Posts: 36 Bronze Level Member
    QuickFMS provides a number of business software fulfilling all the need and requirement of your business. The best part is that you can get one month free trial to understand the complete need and requirement of your business.
  • Options
    Logistiko.euLogistiko.eu subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2017
    I prefer systems that have all necessary software included. For example http://logistiko.eu provides all what you need. packing, sending, invoicing and many more.

<
  • Options
    sinGNsinGN subscriber Posts: 116 Silver Level Member
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    HelenaSHelenaS subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    You can also try this one https://quatrix.it/ to secure some confidential data (especially some financial information)
  • Options
    YourRetailCoachYourRetailCoach subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    The best business software for a growing company completely depends on what kind of business you have taken up. Best to make use of Quicken for every work related to desk tickets, accounting and invoice needs.
    YRC is a Management Consulting Company, especially for the B-C Sector. Our expertise lies into designing of Standard Operating Procedures, Franchise Development, Strategy & Operations services, Process Audits & Training.