WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Looking for a web dev/design for CT/NY

SullySully subscriber Posts: 7
edited October 2007 in Sales
I need to get a decent website built.  I want the company or individual to be based out of CT or NY(Near NYC). The site will be built out in 3 phrases and most likely in MS technologies. Any buddy out there have any good experience with a firm that fits these requirements?Thx   

Comments

• CarbonInterfaceCarbonInterface subscriber Posts: 0
    Look at EnginesofCreation.com.  I am pretty sure they are in that area and really know their stuff.
  • SullySully subscriber Posts: 7
    Thanks for the efforts but ,they are about 2+ hours away in Amsterdam NY.
  • CarbonInterfaceCarbonInterface subscriber Posts: 0
    Sorry.  Can`t do much about that.Perhaps use google.
  • ericemartinericemartin subscriber Posts: 0
    Yes.  I highly recommend Nonfiltered, based in Brooklyn.  Call (917) 450-4989.  Ask for Tiffany and tell her Eric from In4matrix referred you.  We actually partner with them frequently on projects.  Their web site is http://www.nonfiltered.com</A>. 
  • sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for the efforts but ,they are about 2+ hours away in Amsterdam NY.
    Is there a reason why being close is such an important sticking point for you?  This is the internet age.  Just curious.
    Really.  the "internet age. Somwhat of a silly question for a CEO of a software firm. If you need to ask, YOUR JOB should be outsourced offshore. Agile.
    Really.  the "internet age. Somwhat of a silly question for a CEO of a software firm. If you need to ask, YOUR JOB should be outsourced offshore. Agile.
    No, I`m just trying to figure out if your reasoning is a `industrial age` mentality or an `internet age` mentality.  If you would like me to jump to conclusions, I would be more than happy to.  Is it paranoia?  Probably.  That`s the conclusion I`ll jump to.sddreamweavers2007-10-26 20:41:17
    I seem to be getting  a lot of contact directly and not through this board.  Is this typical for this type of forum?Either way, I appreciate the help.  The 4 companies that have been suggested haven`t don`t ANY experience in the Financial Services space. (trading, Hedgefunds, Asset mgt, brokerage, Private equity etc space).  Does anyone have suggestions for firms that fit this bill?
    First of all, I also wondered why it had to be `local` for you. I live in NYC, but my website design is done out of Canada (not even in the same country). My website designer has worked in many various types of fields and is fairly `world-renowned`. Her name on any website will get it on the big search engines within 1 week usuallyThis is why I asked Sully about why he wanted to find someone local.  One of the things I learned in this business is that there are people with `industrial age` mentalities such  as this person who can`t, for whatever reason, leverage the talents of people outside his neighborhood.sddreamweavers2007-10-27 15:8:19
  • ericemartinericemartin subscriber Posts: 0
    I actually suggest starting another topic for debate regarding using local companies or long distance companies.  I don`t believe you can frame this debate in "industrial age" or "internet age" mentalities.  There are too many factors to consider.  Just like any decision, there are trade offs.  There are plenty of studies to show that communication is far more effective in person.  I have worked on enough projects with virtual teams to experience the cost in time due to misunderstandings which lead to issues in whatever project or product you are developing.  Just like in Sully`s case, it depends.  If the project he wants to work in needs to be highly collaborative, then it may make sense to work locally.  In short, it is all about balancing the triple constraints of any project; time, cost/resources, and scope.

Sully, if you care to elaborate, it may help this type of discussion as to why you want to work locally. 

I actually suggest starting another topic for debate regarding using local companies or long distance companies.  I don`t believe you can frame this debate in "industrial age" or "internet age" mentalities.  There are too many factors to consider.  Just like any decision, there are trade offs.  There are plenty of studies to show that communication is far more effective in person.  I have worked on enough projects with virtual teams to experience the cost in time due to misunderstandings which lead to issues in whatever project or product you are developing.  Just like in Sully`s case, it depends.  If the project he wants to work in needs to be highly collaborative, then it may make sense to work locally.  In short, it is all about balancing the triple constraints of any project; time, cost/resources, and scope.

Sully, if you care to elaborate, it may help this type of discussion as to why you want to work locally. 
    Actually, I was going to start another thread about this because I keep running into people who don`t work in office spaces and hear their stories about them losing potential customers because they don`t have an office.Keep an eye out for it all.
  • abeltz01abeltz01 subscriber Posts: 0
    If you decide to lighten up on the location issue, I know of a company that has great experience in the finance industry and they are the best of the best when it comes to SEO and PPC strategies...even Google has complemented them on the creative strategies they use to get the best results for the budget.

My guys are located in Michigan along with the project managers, but the the actual developer locations can vary.

Amy