WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Vacation Package Websites

WTucker26WTucker26 subscriber Posts: 7
Does anyone have experience with travel/vacation websites?  I am wondering how hotels and spas and cruise lines advertise for their vacation packages?

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Aside from search friendly websites, many use opt-in email.

• DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    I am wondering how hotels and spas and cruise lines advertise for their vacation packages?

It really depends on your budget. But your options include television, radio, newspapers, direct mail, online and offline travel magazines, e-mail, newsletters, ezines, etc. 

I`ve also seen vacation packages offered on Twitter, and on sites like Yahoo, MSN, AT&T,  and other high-traffic Internet portals. Basically, you`re limited only by your imagination and your pocketbook, of course.

David Jackson
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    be careful with these - a lot of them sell packages cheap, only to have people arrive to a dump of a hotel.
  • rampurhaatrampurhaat subscriber Posts: 0
    These sites can do an Adwords advertising - that is, the online advertising. The result of online advertising is cheaper and way better targeting if one knows how to do them.
    Among offline targeting, one can always target shopping malls in areas where people have a reasonable amount at hand to spend. That way, the message reaches out to the right people and stands a better chance to succeed.
    ___________________Far infrared saunaPortable sauna