WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Name Help?

YiwenYiwen subscriber Posts: 1
My website business is launching this summer - we are providing 4 services free of charge to University of Colorado - Boulder students:

- provide a craigslist of sorts for used textbooks (to undercut the bookstore)
- provide a guide to life/wiki of all of the necessary and you-never-thought-you`d-use information for cu students: locations of banks/atms/drycleaners/stores/etc, how to get a tutor, sports team following, snow report, etc
- provide an editable calendar so students don`t have to go to 6 different sites for events
- provide a place for local businesses to advertise

I want to have a name that appeals to college students but isn`t specific to CU (for potential expansion purposes). I originally started out with "collegiatecrossroads.com" but I felt that was too brick and mortar. Then, I went with "mycheatsheet.com" but the domain was taken. "MyeCheatSheet.com" doesn`t exactly roll off the tongue and I can`t think of any emotion evoking one or two syllable words (see Yahoo! or Joomla!).

Am I going in the right direction?

- Yiwen

Comments