WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What are the best ways to spread the word out?

huuleonhuuleon subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2011 in Marketing

Hi Everyone,

I just launched a classified ads website using video to help people advertise. It's like craigslist but a newer version. My goal is to help people watch a video before they make a decision for a meetup or exchange. I notice there are so many scams on craigslist and so many people selling fake products. I believe video will help reduce unethical activities. I would like to ask some advice on initial marketing methods for a website like this. I plan to start local and eventually expand to major cities. . What is the most effective way?
Please check out my website http://www.123exchanges.com Please feel free to review it and make any comments.

Thanks

Leon

Comments

• Options
    stomperstomper subscriber Posts: 0
    This is a very cool idea Leon! Your best shot would be word of mouth aka social media. You can put a feature during the sign up process that offers the user some kind of a bonus, discount, freebie or anything else enticing if they tell their friend about your site. Telling the friend can mean emailing them, pressing the like button for your page, you have many options. You just need to make sure your "bribe" is good so people will be willing to take the extra step and share stuff with their friends.