WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Where do executive level folks hang out in cyber space?

biznessmanbiznessman subscriber Posts: 3
edited March 2007 in Marketing
Hi Community,Any ideas about discussion forums, website communities or internet based clubs
where executive level folks of small to mid size businesses hang out?

Comments

• chokolajchokolaj subscriber Posts: 1
    Ryze.com is a popular networking site, you might have some luck there.

-Daniel
  • GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Why u wanna no??  Ain`t this place good enuff for ya?  
  • biznessmanbiznessman subscriber Posts: 3
    This place is super awesome. I just dont think here is THE place for executives although there are lots of interesting topics and discussions in this site.I am in process of developing a product and need to get feedback from that crowd as part of my market research. I thought one way would be starting a discussion in forums they review or post a questionnaire, etc... 
    Very smart, I was just bustin your chops.  Can`t wait to hear more about your product!
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Leslie,
    "bustin` your chops" - now, what`s a fine, sophisticated southern lady from Charleston, SC doing bustin` this young man`s chops?
    When can we see Grill Charms? Love the idea!
    R@ (ATL native - love Charleston!)

All right, "Bust the chops" all you want (I googled it to learn what it means!) but don`t forget about the websites I need.
  • PokermanPokerman subscriber Posts: 5
    Try google adwords.  I suggest that you work on a 100 character tagline for the ad and then select your keywords based on things for which executives would do searches.  You`ll need a comprehensive landing page on your website to facilitate the acquisition of contact information.
    Pokerman,As you would imagine, being a startup and in very first step of the process, I dont have a website yet. I will use this technique once my website is up and running but thats going to be few months out.
    Thanks Leslie I checked the site. I did`nt see a discussion forum link in there. Are you a member in that site and being a member would you have access to discussion forum? May be there is none in the site!
    There are members only things, and I am not a member yet, but plan on it.  I like to think I`m an Executive...(as do many of us out here)  Could we help in giving you feedback as part of your market research.  What`s it take to be considered an executive for you market research purposes.  (I assume this is your target market)  (I`m very very curious!)  Are you patent pending?  (you must be close if you are going to post on a forum right?) 
    So I don`t completely commandeer this post again, does anyone out there know of an Execs forum?
    My target market:
    Business owners, VP of sales, Head of HR (firms with 100 employees and up) or
    any other top position personnel whose job is to make sure they are getting
    maximum productivity out of their resources and also worry about increasing
    revenue, profitability and maintaining high quality relationship with their
    client base (These are mostly sales organizations).
    I will certainly post my questionnaire on this forum. If SuN is known by
    investors as a credible source of information gathering for market research
    purposes, then I`m in luck.
    If not, then I need to continue my search for such communities where I start
    picking brains and formally conduct a survey to get credible feedback to prove
    market demand.
    This would be my last resort option before I give up and start looking around
    for a pro firm to conduct a survey for me. You see, all this is before applying
    for funding and any expenses will be on me. According to my studies, a quality
    survey from such crowd is expensive.
    Hi Dean,Thanks so much. Very interesting references.