WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Inspirational work quote?

DebraDebra subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2013 in Thought Leadership
I`m looking for an inspirational work/life quote that I can share with my colleagues in a holiday newsletter.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    "All the breaks you need in life wait within your imagination, Imagination is the workshop of your mind, capable of turning mind energy into accomplishment and wealth." ~ Naopleon Hill
    R@
  • SolidGrndSolidGrnd subscriber Posts: 11
    "Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with quality."
    (I have no idea who said it...but it is on a poster here in our office...and it really makes me think everytime I read it...am I proud enough of my work to put my name on it?)
  • rvdebbyrvdebby subscriber Posts: 11
    "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt

Gotta Love those Roosevelts!!
  • imcher2imcher2 subscriber Posts: 0
    I don`t know about you, but I like a lot of quotes that Oprah has said! She has a lot to say about opportunities, life, love, work, friends- just about any subject it seems. Maybe check out some of her quotes and see what you like. here`s a link to a site with a lot of her quotes- http://www.allgreatquotes.com/oprah_win ... otes.shtml
  • SolidGrndSolidGrnd subscriber Posts: 11

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt

Gotta Love those Roosevelts!!

What a fantastic quote!!! Love it!!!
  • DebraDebra subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks for the inspiration, everyone.  These are all great.  While researching online, I also found: tions_dir.htmwhich They offer a lot of wonderful business-related quotes to chose from.
    Happy Holidays!
  • philstonephilstone subscriber Posts: 0
    To make sure that the employees in your office are working more than expectations, its important to keep motivating them. I would recommend that when you are motivating your employee, do it in front of others for better resuls.
  • giffygiffy subscriber Posts: 0
  • poshwebdeveloperposhwebdeveloper subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey
    if you want funny quotes then follow the below link will help you.
    http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/fun.html