WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Being the Right Arm

jensterlingjensterling subscriber Posts: 1

I work for the President of a startup here in NY.  Healthcare analytics --dashboarding all that ...
He which means his right arm *me* is looking at the org chart and restructuring resources to prepare for 10-15 new positions in September. 

My biggest fear is going into the hiring process and "settling" for anyJoe because I am fried and huddled in my cubicle waving a white flag.  Let`s face it being the right arm means I am disposable since he has a left arm named Emily.  *I love my job - oh I mean career.*

So the Million Dollar Question "Where to start looking for replacements during this transition."

I need Customer Service, Progamming, and Account Management a key.

Help anyone.

Jen Sterling

Comments

• Options
    phantomindeeaphantomindeea subscriber Posts: 3
    Ha, well, despite being overworked you obviously have a sense of humor, which is good! You`ll live longer I think.

Hiring essential team members like that between now and September does not leave that much time and, you`re right, you could get pressured into taking the first candidate who signs his name, but I would discourage it.

I know you are a startup but sound somewhat sizable -- I am surprised you don`t have in-house recruiters, since that`s the most obvious way to get good candidates fast, especially for such specific positions like healthcare analytics programming (or "proGAMMING"). You could also post jobs on a recruiting/marketplace hybrid like Dayak; any and all recruiters on the site could contact you so you`d have a better chance of quick success. These places also run less steep than agencies, which as a startup you probably don`t have pockets deep enough for.

There also might be a healthcare analytics forum, who knows? Good luck.