WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

DBA Certificate Listings: how do you get them? USA

Applause14Applause14 subscriber Posts: 2
edited September 2007 in Marketing
Hi from Applause:
I have a product which appeals to small businesses, especially new ones, and I would like to obtain a dba certificate "doing business as" listing to mail a personalized letter to, beginning in Massachusetts but eventually to widen my range of demographics if successful. I`m from MA.
A leading mailhouse on the net has estimated there are about 200/month in Massachusetts which gives me a good goal to shoot for.  I have a small family based business in software development (database apps).
The appeal of the new business is that in order to keep track of their contacts and sales prospects, doing so from day 1 won`t conflict with another "already purchased" solution of CRM and PIM (customer relation management)(personal information manager).
The appeal of small business is that when they grow, so do I, and being a small entrepreneur, that factor is a positive attraction to me rather than a negative one.
So, if any other business person could steer me in the right direction for dba certificate listings or other good ideas to reach this market, I would appreciate it.
-TIA-
Applause

Comments