WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Hello all, new to StartUp

QuoVadisQuoVadis subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2008 in New Member Welcome
I found this forum while researching startup funding options for a restaurant I hope to open in 2008.

Looking forward to learning a lot and hope I can contribute in return.

Comments

• Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    it`s great to have new enthusiasts in the StartupNation community, QuoVadis!

what kind of restaurant??? i`m a professional eater...
  • Options
     I have two business plans I`m shopping and will implement depending on what kind of structure I can find to house it in- I`m counting on hitting the distress sales that always happen in the restaurant scene come early February.

Both are based on offering late night drinking and dining options- something that Portland is crying out for. We`ve got a huge number of industry professionals with no where to go after they get off of work.

One is to do a Japanese izakaya format and the other is to offer more of an upscale lounge atmosphere with a big focus on updated "hangover/comfort" foods.

Hopefully what I can`t offer by way of start up advice of my own here I can make up for with cooking/restaurant tips in the foodie forum.

Thanks for the welcome!
  • Options
    RC4URC4U subscriber Posts: 1
    Welcome aboard and best of luck with everything.  You`ll do fine, I`m sure.  I actually like both ideas, maybe have 2 restuarants in 1. 

• Options
    pcasstle1pcasstle1 subscriber Posts: 1
    Welcome aboard....and good luck with your restaurant!
  • Options
    Actually, worked with Ramsay back in `99.

He`s actually nothing like in the shows.
    First time I saw him I laughed out loud.

Depending on where you`re at I can tell you where some great sake bars are around the country. We have one really excellent one here in Portland and I know of a couple in the SF/NorthBay area..