WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

STARTING A BRICKOVEN/RESTAURANT

antholissaantholissa subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2006 in Selecting a Business
i have worked in the food industry for over 20 years, but what is step 1 of starting a business in this field. i have been to so many webistes.

Comments

• Options
    42itus42itus subscriber Posts: 1
    I haven`t owned a restaurant but I did run a concession business for two years. All I can say, at least here in SC, is check with the Health Dept. before you spend a dime. Tell them what you want to do and where you want to do it and they will guide you through all the government red tape. Health regs. are very tough and if you don`t follow them you won`t be in business long.
    The second thing you need is lots of $$$$$$$$.
    42itus
  • Options
    HerniHerni subscriber Posts: 1
    First things first. You need to find a number of potential locations and go to the respective city permit office and ask them if they would be willing to give you the permits for a brick oven restaurant. You can also hire people that do this for a living and they will do the research for you.
    This approach allows you to concentrate on those locations where you have the highest chance of getting the permits. The hard one to get is from the Health Department, so make sure they see your business plan, floor layout and drawings to scale with all utilities, etc. Companies that do this work for you can charge several thousand dollars to get you the permits. Sometimes they are worth the money since most of the time they are owned by people that either work or have worked in the permits offices of large cities like Los Angeles, etc.Herni2006-8-30 1:30:35
  • Options
    uaniluanil subscriber Posts: 1
    Anthony,
    I am currently owner of a brick own franchise.  However, I am in the process of selling my business.  I am located in Chandler, Az.  Please let me know if you woud like further information.  Or any questions you may have owning a pizzeria.

Thanks
    Nilesh