WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Mailings

ARiskARisk subscriber Posts: 4
edited March 2007 in Marketing
My husband is a computer nerd and is starting up a business.  This web-site has really given him the courage to get out there and start it up.  He is going to venture out of the land of cubicals!  He intends to design custom data bases and programs for smaller business.  Real simple.  We know there is a need but what is the best way to contact potential clients?We want to send out letters.  I have read that the letters should be personal to each business, have a hand written p.s., and follow-up with a phone call.  Any other advice/suggestions/comments?Thanks So Much! 

Comments

• Options
    omupasomupas subscriber Posts: 7
    While it may be time consuming, besides the hand written p.s., you also want to handwrite the actual address on the envelopes.  Business owners get all kinds of mailings every single day, regardless of how good the letter is, it means nothing if the envelope doesn`t get opened!  I don`t know any actual statistics on this, but I know that myself personally, I am more inclined to open a handwritten envelope vs. a label or pre printed one.