WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What to do with Niche customer Base data

cubefeedcubefeed subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Marketing
Over the last 2 years, my business partner and I have developed a database and profile of more than 100,000 of our Hispanic customers (between 18 and 35years).  Most of our customer base come from responses from newsletters and bulletins distributed via social network sites.
We are humbly requesting for ideas and advise on what is "sellable" online to our customer base. 
Based on our research:
1.  Only about 19% of our 100K customer base conduct business online via credit cards.
2.  That 19% will buy small items usually below $50.
Any advise will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• cubefeedcubefeed subscriber Posts: 1
    We dont sell anything at the moment.  We are a Non Profit. 
    We generate and circulate news letters and bulletins regarding what affects the lives of several distinct ethnic groups in the USA.
    People sign up to receive our Free newsletters and bulletins on a regular basis.  A perfect example is immigration as it relates to the Hispanic, African and Chinese segments of the population.
    Actually more than 100K.  We saw a spike in sign ups during the recent immigration debates in congress.
    Thanks.

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    So you potentially have about 19,000 people who might purchase an item priced at $50 or less.
    I would ask your database of people rather than SUN members.
    ~Roland

Thanks Roland.
    We wanted to streamline our presentation to the users (based on input from SUN members) before asking the users.
    We could do a blanket "Inquiry" and then based on the feedback from the users select top answers.  Have you or any SUN member experienced this sort of situation in the past (or present)?
    Thanks a lot.

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    if they are already reading what you are writing, and seem to like it, how about a subscription publication. You can take check payments too.

Erin
    Hello Erin:
    Thanks for that very insightful tip.  You do know our demographics.  Accepting alternative forms of payment is a must here.
    I will be contacting you directly via your website.
    Thanks to everyone for their input.
    Cheers.
  • GueroGuero subscriber Posts: 0
    hi there, I am a Hispanic marketing/research consultant and have various ideas for you.  Some of which could be very lucrative for your non profit depending on their acculturation level.  Anyhow, let me know if you want to discuss via phone. 
    thanks
  • VolusionVolusion subscriber Posts: 0
    I periodically peruse publications looking for advertising opportunities.  If you can, put out an Editorial Calendar on your site.  This will allow advertisers to match their ads according to what you are publishing, which should give them a better return on investment.Regards,Michelle Greerhttp://www.volusion.com
    Volusion2007-11-7 18:51:32
  • abeltz01abeltz01 subscriber Posts: 0
    I am not sure if any of these suggestions should be your
    main focus, but I have some ideas of how to generate some income from
    these people until you discover your niche product.

1. Joint Venture Partner: I am currently heping a company sell joint ventures for a product called www.justsearchforme.com.
    This is an online business card that is guarateed to result at the top
    of Google within 48 hours. It is perfect for job seekers that want to
    have a professional profile online and it is perfect for independent
    business professionals. We want JVs that already have a list and are
    willing to "endorse" the product in communications to their list (i.e.
    eNewsletter, etc.). There is NO COST to you to endorse the product. We
    will pay a commission for any of your list members that participate.
    You said your list was 100k -- If only 1/2% convert...you still open a
    profit center of nearly $10,000 to nearly $30,000. If 100% convert, you
    make $198,000 to $598,000!!

The Latest Network Marketing Program: I know people are afraid of
    "Network Marketing" because they relate it to "pyrmid scheme". However,
    network marketing has come a long way since the days of the scheme. The
    program I am about to introduce you to is the best program I have come
    across. Check it out: www.amybeltz.com  for more information.

If you have any questions on either suggestion, feel free to contact me at abeltz01@gmail.com.

Thanks,
    Amy
    abeltz012008-1-3 14:43:52