WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Auto Repair Business Question

eaglestoneeaglestone subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2008 in Selecting a Business

I`ve been an IT professional now for 29 years and no longer enjoy the work. Thanks to new laws, most of my time is spent on paperwork rather than addressing technical issues.
  I started fixing our cars and have helped several friend with brakes, exhaust and other repairs. I`ve found that I really like this line of work and have been thinking about opening a shop. The only concern I have is this would start as a part-time activity.
  I`d like to get opinions on whether you would go to a shop that was open only in the evenings and weekend days.
Thanks in advance.
Phil

Comments

• Options
    jwatkinsjwatkins subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    If its just you running the shop you can do it part time (evenings and weekends) at home and make a lot of money. Just be careful of zoning laws and don` t keep a lot of cars in your driveway. Stay low key and you will stay busy. My brother in law does this and makes a ton of money.