WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Compare Google and Bing searches

vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
Here`s a "neat" tool... compare search results for Google and Bing.

http://www.blackdog.ie/google-bing/search.php

~Roland

Comments

• irene01irene01 subscriber Posts: 1
    I am addicted to Google search, so I do not even want to try with Bing. Google is a worldwide accepted and  it will be very tough for other search engines to compete with it.
    _______________Budget softwareirene016/3/2009 4:52 AM
  • ElementalUnityElementalUnity subscriber Posts: 3
    Ok... let`s look it at like this.  Yes Google is better and will far out due any search engine.  It is worldwide accepted like irene says.  But my point is that yes you should do a lot to make sure all your stuff shows up on Google, but at the same time shouldn`t you be doing at least a little on other search engines?  I mean that is just more free traffic you can get.  Check out your stats... In one of my sites Yahoo is my number one traffic bringer.  While another it is Digg.  And another has StumbleUpon.  The rest are google.  But in all the ones that have google as number one.  I am still getting great traffic from other directories.  
    Like yesterdays stats on my blog about credit managmentI had 334 people come from Google210 from HubPages199 from Yahoo123 from DiggAnd then they start going down under 100... but look at it.  Now granted I payed to be in Yahoo`s, but that is still 199 people that I didn`t get from Google.  And if you are selling something, you know it is all about getting as many people in front of your product as possible.That`s just my .02--Elements 
  • uplouiseuplouise subscriber Posts: 0
    I`m still rooting for Google on this one. Bing needs more room for improvement. I`m hoping MS can still develop it.
    uplouise6/12/2009 9:09 PM
  • DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    Well said, Elements. Well said. Can`t argue with that logic. Good job!

David Jackson
    DavidJackson6/11/2009 10:57 AM
  • AlbertJAlbertJ subscriber Posts: 0
    While Bing has been sending me traffic, it`s like all the other search engines, Google has always sent me the most traffic, even with similar ranks in the other search engines.
    Bing could go somewhere, it`s hard to say. I really don`t see how it`s different or better than Google. Any one else?
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    i have found in my experience that if google has a webpage on my site indexed, so do the rest automatically (some take time but eventually they do)
  • DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    My point is that yes you should do a lot to make sure all your stuff shows up on Google, but at the same time shouldn`t you be doing at least a little on other search engines?  I mean that is just more free traffic you can get.  If you are selling something, you know it is all about getting as many people in front of your product as possible.

I agree. It`s all about eyeballs - targeted eyeballs.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson7/11/2009 10:07 AM
  • jitbookmarksjitbookmarks subscriber Posts: 0
    Google give me the best relevant search result. But for traffic quality, you`ll be surprise that MSN/Bing and Yahoo give me the best profit for my affiliate programs.
  • nsausernsauser subscriber Posts: 1
    Google is still giving the most relevant results that I`m seeking.  But of course with the recent marriage between Microsoft and Yahoo it will be important to make sure you`re optimized properly to rank in Bing.
    Local Search Marketing is the new game.
  • ralph32avralph32av subscriber Posts: 0
    I prefer Google as well, but as nsauser says its useful to take account of a possible rise in Bing`s importance .
    The view amongst the SEO person I`ve spoken to is that the main differences with Google is that Bing favors outbound links and older domains. Not much many of us can do about the latter, but perhaps adding some more useful links would help both web visitors and Bing rankings.
  • groundbeegroundbee subscriber Posts: 0
    Google has always sent me the most traffic, even with similar ranks in the other search engines.
  • perfectionnkperfectionnk subscriber Posts: 0
    Thanks for the tool.. Bing looks pretty.. but Google does the gook work. I'll take brains over Bing any day of the week.
  • swaggyswaggy subscriber Posts: 0
    I also rooting for my keywords to be on top of Google since it's the widely use search engine in the world compared to Bing.
  • ayenmahinayayenmahinay subscriber Posts: 0
    very beautiful tool to searching with both search engine but only on work bing I'm not able to check Google's results