WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

The Amazing Money-Making Power of Internet Marketing Forums

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited June 2007 in Marketing
One of my favorite ways of marketing my business is posting on various Internet marketing forums. And I`ve made thousands and thousands of dollars, as a direct result of my forum postings.
In the beginning, I only posted on a couple of different forums. However, once I realized how effective and profitable forum posting was, I immediately expanded the number of forums I post on.
I currently post on approximately a half dozen forums on a consistent basis.
So why do I post on so many forums? Three reasons:
1. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and helping people.
2. It doesn`t cost me anything, except a few minutes of my time.
3. That`s where the majority of my business comes from. That`s where the money is.
After all, whom do you think visits Internet marketing forums? People who have questions about Internet marketing, that`s who. People who have marketing problems they need solved.
And it just so happens, those people are my target audience. So for me, forum posting is also smart marketing. So how do I find the time to post on so many forums and still complete my other projects?
It all boils down to effective time management. It`s as simple as that. Here`s my number one rule for effective time management:
"Always spend the majority of your time doing only those things that are relevant to your business and are the most productive."
Write that rule down and tape it in to your computer. Refer to it every single day. It will definitely help you manage your time more effectively and make  more money.
Now I`m not going to reveal what it is, but I have a special system I use when posting on forums. And I`ve become so doggone efficient at this method of marketing, on average, I spend less than 30 minutes a day posting on forums. That leaves me plenty of time to complete my other projects.
Besides, I`m a night owl. So I complete the majority of my projects at night, while everyone else is sleeping. So how can you start profiting from forum posting?
First of all, go online and find a forum of interest to you - one that is relevant to the theme of your website or blog, if you have one. For example, if you go on Google and type in the words "Internet marketing forums", Google will present you with 134,000,000 pages. Typing in the words "small business forums" will bring up 145,000,000 pages. With so many different choices, finding a forum you like and are comfortable with shouldn`t be any problem at all.
Once you find a forum you like, lurk for a little while, until you get a feel for the forum. What does it mean to lurk? Lurking simply means visiting a forum and reading other people`s comments without actually contributing. Lurking is an excellent way for a beginner to get familiar with a forum.
Once you reach a level of comfort and familiarity with the forum, go ahead and register and introduce yourself to the other members. Start participating in the discussions. Develop a friendly relationship with the other users. Also, be sure to post your picture and write a compelling sig file. What`s a sig file?
A sig file is an electronic signature block that appears at the end of your post that includes your company name, your tag line or USP (unique selling proposition), and your preferred method of contact (either your web site address, your e-mail, phone number, etc.). I personally like people to visit my website, so I always include my web site address in my sig file. If you don`t have a website, include your affiliate program link in your sig file.
Here`s something else to consider: Everytime you post on a forum, you`re also helping that forum make money. How?
Like most websites, forums are driven by content - fresh, relevant content. And when you post on forums, your topics are picked up and displayed by the major search engines. This content helps increase the forums page rank and traffic numbers, which are the primary factors that determine the cost of advertising on forums.
In other words, the higher the forums page rank and traffic numbers are, the more the forum can charge advertisers. So you see, it`s really a win, win situation for everyone!
In closing, and I can`t stress this point enough. The secret to profiting from forum posting is to post on a consistent basis. If you post consistently and provide accurate and reliable advice, you can quickly become a respected member of the forum whom visitors and members alike turn to for advice.
And that my friend is very good for business!Dale KingDKing2007-6-20 8:50:30

Comments

• InactiveMemberInactiveMember subscriber Posts: 12
    This is hardly surprising; so you now admit that you`re here for links? Why don`t you stop posting poorly-written rehashes and contribute something real?

One of my favorite ways of marketing my business is posting on various Internet marketing forums. And I`ve made thousands and thousands of dollars, as a direct result of my forum postings.
    In the beginning, I only posted on a couple of different forums. However, once I realized how effective and profitable forum posting was, I immediately expanded the number of forums I post on.
    I currently post on approximately a half dozen forums on a consistent basis.
    So why do I post on so many forums? Three reasons:
    1. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and helping people.
    2. It doesn`t cost me anything, except a few minutes of my time.
    3. That`s where the majority of my business comes from. That`s where the money is.
    After all, whom do you think visits Internet marketing forums? People who have questions about Internet marketing, that`s who. People who have marketing problems they need solved.
    And it just so happens, those people are my target audience. So for me, forum posting is also smart marketing. So how do I find the time to post on so many forums and still complete my other projects?
    It all boils down to effective time management. It`s as simple as that. Here`s my number one rule for effective time management:
    "Always spend the majority of your time doing only those things that are relevant to your business and are the most productive."
    Write that rule down and tape it in to your computer. Refer to it every single day. It will definitely help you manage your time more effectively and make  more money.
    Now I`m not going to reveal what it is, but I have a special system I use when posting on forums. And I`ve become so doggone efficient at this method of marketing, on average, I spend less than 30 minutes a day posting on forums. That leaves me plenty of time to complete my other projects.
    Besides, I`m a night owl. So I complete the majority of my projects at night, while everyone else is sleeping. So how can you start profiting from forum posting?
    First of all, go online and find a forum of interest to you - one that is relevant to the theme of your website or blog, if you have one. For example, if you go on Google and type in the words "Internet marketing forums", Google will present you with 134,000,000 pages. Typing in the words "small business forums" will bring up 145,000,000 pages. With so many different choices, finding a forum you like and are comfortable with shouldn`t be any problem at all.
    Once you find a forum you like, lurk for a little while, until you get a feel for the forum. What does it mean to lurk? Lurking simply means visiting a forum and reading other people`s comments without actually contributing. Lurking is an excellent way for a beginner to get familiar with a forum.
    Once you reach a level of comfort and familiarity with the forum, go ahead and register and introduce yourself to the other members. Start participating in the discussions. Develop a friendly relationship with the other users. Also, be sure to post your picture and write a compelling sig file. What`s a sig file?
    A sig file is an electronic signature block that appears at the end of your post that includes your company name, your tag line or USP (unique selling proposition), and your preferred method of contact (either your web site address, your e-mail, phone number, etc.). I personally like people to visit my website, so I always include my web site address in my sig file. If you don`t have a website, include your affiliate program link in your sig file.
    Here`s something else to consider: Everytime you post on a forum, you`re also helping that forum make money. How?
    Like most websites, forums are driven by content - fresh, relevant content. And when you post on forums, your topics are picked up and displayed by the major search engines. This content helps increase the forums page rank and traffic numbers, which are the primary factors that determine the cost of advertising on forums.
    In other words, the higher the forums page rank and traffic numbers are, the more the forum can charge advertisers. So you see, it`s really a win, win situation for everyone!
    In closing, and I can`t stress this point enough. The secret to profiting from forum posting is to post on a consistent basis. If you post consistently and provide accurate and reliable advice, you can quickly become a respected member of the forum whom visitors and members alike turn to for advice.
    And that my friend is very good for business!Dale King
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    I`ve tried to be a gentleman and ignore your constant barbs about my posts, but you two idiots just keep pushing and pushing.
    Look, you two can cry, moan and criticize all you want. As you can see, it`s not having any effect. I`m going to continue to post my articles, whether you like it or not.
    It should be obvious by now that your opinions simply don`t matter to me.
    If the moderators have a problem with any of my articles, they will remove them.
    If you two spent more time marketing your own businesses, instead of worrying about my posts, you`d be a lot better off.
    What I don`t understand is, if you two hate my posts so much, why do you continue to read them? Why not do what I do?
    Whenever I see a thread started by either one of you, I don`t waste my time reading it. I simply by-pass it.
    Conversely, I will NOT waste my valuable time addressing you two idiots again.
    GET A LIFE!!!
    Dale KingDKing2007-6-21 7:53:57
  • InactiveMemberInactiveMember subscriber Posts: 12
    If you continue to write posts that 1.] misinform, 2.] are opinion pieces masquerading as fact, or 3.] are posted solely for the purpose of getting links to your site, I`m going to continue to point it out. This forum is designed for conversation; people certainly haven`t liked or agreed with everything I`ve posted.I`m not sure that you have any idea that your behavior - outlined quite nicely in your post herein - is predatory. Imagine telling people to lurk in a forum and then post in that forum simply to get links. Yes, who cares about the forum participants, they`re just names and pictures - never mind there are real people with real dreams behind those names and pictures. But that doesn`t matter to you, does it? Who wrote these lines:"The secret to profiting from forum posting is to post on a consistent basis.""Once you find a forum you like, lurk for a little while, until you get a feel for the forum.""One of my favorite ways of marketing my business is posting on various Internet marketing forums.""However, once I realized how effective and profitable forum posting was, I immediately expanded the number of forums I post on.""I`ve tried to be a gentleman and ignore you two idiots, but you just keep pushing and pushing."You did of course! Guess what? SUN forums aren`t here so that you can market yourself and make thousands of dollars. There is a marketplace listing for that purpose. The forums are here so that people can ask questions, discuss, and help each other. Who`s to blame for your predatory behavior Dale? Who wrote this post? Is there a rule of which I am not aware that says "There shall be no discussion of any post written by Dale King."Oh and thanks for the kind words. Calling Nikole and I "idiots" is the mark of a true professional.
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    I am absolutely astounded at the marketing naivety you two continue to display.When it comes to marketing, you simply don`t get it.
    However, "true marketers" like the Sloan Brothers and a few others on this forum know exactly where I`m coming from. I`m an aggresssive marketer. I make no apologies for that.
    True marketers will see the "gold nuggets" of wisdom in my articles, and use that information to enhance their incomes. If you simply opened your minds to the endless marketing possibilties all around you, you both could learn a lot from me.
    Anyone who has been to my site know I have interviewed and have the respect of some of the top marketers in the world. That`s my resume, what`s yours?
    I simply wrote an article outlining one of my of my many marketing methods. I did not voice an opinion. I spoke the truth. However, because of your obvious prejudices, you want to turn this into something more.
    The "point" of my article was to try to get more people to participate in forums, and the benefits of doing so. For whatever reasons, you two chose to twist my original message.
    You two are nothing but "wannabe" moderators.You badly want to control what I can and cannot post, but you DON`T have that power.
    YOU ARE NOT MODERATORS...and there`s a good reason for that!
    By the way, the moderators are well aware of each and every one of my articles, they apparently don`t have a problem with them and they`re the ones who call the shots, so I really don`t know what you two are trying to prove
    Go fight another war!
    Dale King
     DKing2007-6-21 8:45:19