WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Can somebody get me some information about web hosting

JosephthomasJosephthomas subscriber Posts: 3
Hi
      I am working on the developement of a website using LAMP technology.I am trying to figure out the web hosting related cost and infrastructure .Can somebody shed some light on this.
I knw this is a very general question .With out knowing the traffic it will be difficult for you guys to say. I am working on something similar to Digg technology( i dont store videos,but will be a kind of link,but expects to get some user comments etc).If you ask me about the traffic, i dont knw.Its in a development stage( I expect it to get some good traffic down the line ,though not initially).
Which is best cost effective web hosting comany? What would be the expected cost ?Should i need to go for a dedicated hosting or shared hosting?What is minimum bandwidth ,memory i  need to have ?( Let us start with 1000-10000 hits on the website per day).
i dont have any investments as of now..! so i will look for a cheaper but faster one.please guide me

thanks
joseph thomasJosephthomas2007-4-2 22:52:40

Comments