WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Impartial advise please

eejay62eejay62 subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2007 in Website Critique
Hi Everyone,
I am not a creative person, I can make an idea come to life and I can make things work, unfortunately I can`t make them look unique.
I have had friends look at my site and normally I receive tactfull yet neutral feedback like "good idea" and "the look ok"
I`m looking for ways to make it look a bit different and professional any sugestions would be very gratefully accpetedThe URL is: www.businesscontinuityforum.net</A>
Thank for your help

Comments

• 337design337design subscriber Posts: 3
    On the homepage it looks like the top image is missing, you`ve got a "broken image" icon up there.  Make sure all your links work!The good thing about the site is that I know exactly what it is from the title "The place for...", so that`s good.The one thing that it obviuosly lacks is any type of design or layout.  Everything is just sort of laid out on top of one another.  It took me a second to even realize there was navigation of any sort.  Take a look at some of my portfolio if you get a chance just to get an idea of some basic design practices.
  • eejay62eejay62 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for your help everyone,
    I`ve taken the "quick Win" option to start with an removed the front page, the only other function of it was to allow access to the links, I put a link on the forum menu bar.
    The front page is still there however I used a redirect from my site hoster to go straight to the forum, will this cause me issues with the search engines?
  • InactiveMemberInactiveMember subscriber Posts: 12
    As an aside, risk management is very interesting. Ever read http://www.riskglossary.com/  ?Lots of odd stuff there.