WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

BigMoneyPartTime.com Critique

bmptbmpt subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2008 in Website Critique
Hello all,
this is my first website & i put many hours into developing the site to where it is now.  I designed most of everything on the page, however, i designed with no knowledge of what my goals where.  I currently receive about 1000 unique visitors per day but i have only made 1 sale.  I make chump change on advertising but lately everything has been improving & i seen noticeable change with clicks & percentage of click through rate.  My goals are to get better conversions on visitors & increase visitors per day.  I would like to make $100 per day.   if you need any more information please let me know   thank you for any help.
www.BigMoneyPartTime.com

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member

The first thing I see is this ....
    I got $87 Million in Google ads!
    Made me $300 million fast. You can too.
    Huh? Not only is it confusing, the thought "SCAM" hit me so hard I almost fell out of my chair.
    I barely looked beyond that.

• Entrepreneur2thecoreEntrepreneur2thecore subscriber Posts: 0
    I run as fast as possible when I see websites which seem to promise great amounts of money for little to no investment of time and energy.  I probably would pay more attention to a site that promised $700/week as opposed to $5000/week just because it sounds more feasible.  Sorry
  • bmptbmpt subscriber Posts: 1
    ok, if that banner were NOT there would, how would the site appear
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I have to agree with the previous posters, no matter how they get to my desktop, these type of sites scream SCAM loud and clear.
    But you didn`t ask for a business model critique.
    Your choice of colors during a mouseover is bad.  Dark green on light green (trying to use the color of money?) is OK, but turning the text to white when you mouseover makes the selection all but disappear.
    Your banner buttons don`t go anywhere.  Oh, my bad - they all trigger pop-ups.  Pop-ups are bad because so many scammers use them.  As a result most email clients block pop-ups.
    Here`s what I don`t get; and this is why this is a bad business model.  If you can make $5,000 a week using your system, why are you hungry for $100 per day?  Doesn`t your system work?
    OK, don`t answer that last question, but it`s the first thing that comes to mind when I see "get rich quick" schemes.
    I dont actually sell a system,  everything is products like php scripts & web templates, legal froms etc..  5000/week stuff is the ads from a company i use.  should i make sure i dont have these ads appearing, or does the whole site look "get rich".  i tried not to use phrases like that.  i have some on my customer success page,    thanks for all the help everyone
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member

You sell scripts? Oh yeah, I guess you do, but from the top half of your main page, which is what gives the first impression of your site, who is going to know? You`re screaming "Get rich quick" first, hoping to make money off this scam-sounding stuff, instead of thinking about the products you actually sell.
    Your products should be front and center, easy to find, and the purpose of the site. Ads should be secondary, and they should at least be legit sounding. From your layout, just my opinion, it seems to me you have no faith in the products you are selling, so you`re relying on this other stuff to make money before thinking about the products you actually sell. Even the site name gives that impression.
    Understandable why you`ve only made one sale, as this is pretty misleading to most people.

• BillMBillM subscriber Posts: 0
    Ok, from a copywriter`s point of view, the center justified has to go. It`s amateurish. For some reason, it`s favored by chain letter writers, religious tract writers and the guy who sells the reverse funnel system. What your site lacks is engagement. Do you know your target market? Are you talking to (not yelling at) them?
    I noticed right away that the only thing that wasn`t clickable on the page seemed to be the guarantee logo. If you really do have a guarantee, that can be a selling point.
    All in all it is one of a type. Aggressive, derivative, and generic. If that is what you were shooting for (and many people want just that) you hit your mark. Consider focusing on fewer products and showing them off to better advantage. Try engaging your visitors as human beings who might want what you have to sell.
    Bill
    www.william.morrison.name
    thanks for the advise,  i really appreciate the different perspectives & points of view.  im going to try to incorporate much of what has been said.  everything helps out alot  thank you