WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Marketing and Advertising Techniques for Wedding Consultants

SamsamSamsam subscriber Posts: 5
edited August 2006 in Marketing
Hi, I am new to Start Up Nation, but have already gained incredible insight into starting my business and optomizing my website.  However, I am looking for unique and creative ways to market my consulting business.  I am advertising on market specific websites, but would appreciate any input.  Thanks, Monica

Comments

• NicoleCNicoleC subscriber Posts: 18
    Monica,
    Many moons ago, I worked for a caiter.  One of the marketing techniques we used was to exchange brochures and business cards with related businesses: event venues, balloon companys, tuxedo shops, wedding dress shops, bakers/cake shops, florists, DJ`s, bartenders, and florists.    As a result, we referred their services to our clients and they referred their clients to us.   It  wasn`t exactly unique or creative but it kept us booked.
  • SamsamSamsam subscriber Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info!  That is actually a good idea and will give me a way to meet new vendors in the area.  Thanks for the post!
    Monica
    claddaghweddingsandevents.com