WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Help Needed-Trying to write an Effective 30-60 sec announcement

NicoleCNicoleC subscriber Posts: 18
edited July 2006 in Marketing
I am experiencing writers block.  Unfortunately I don`t have time to have writers block because I have a brief deadline to write and submit a 30 to 60 second announcement.  Ideally the announcement should create a sense of community, be welcoming and memorable....dare I also say it has to be effective?  
Does anyone have suggestions on where I might be able to locate examples of 30 to 60 second announcements?  Have any of you written general public announcements and if so, what was your message?
Any tips, suggestions, and examples would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    Tell us more about what you are trying to announce. Are you telling everyone you have a great special on used cars or it is that your realtor license has been upgraded to commercial.Tell about the situation you are trying to accomplish. Is it a blanket statement or are you talking to people whom are familiar with the situation and need updated.
  • NicoleCNicoleC subscriber Posts: 18
    The annoucement is what I would consider to be an introduction. These introductions will be shared in a manner similiar to a runway fashion show--brief, with multiple introductions back to back. 
    In a nutshell, it is a 60 second or less public presentation announced by a master of ceremony at a public event where the audience is composed of people to whom I have grown up with and people I don`t know. Therefore an elevator pitch on my services seems bland and just self-promoting which isn`t the motivation or message I am trying to send.  In the end, I would like the introduction to convey a sence of community, to be welcoming, to be easy to remember and to be about being part of the community.    

• ErinErin subscriber Posts: 3
    Nicole, how about starting with this - give us more of an idea of what you do, what you`re about, what your goals are... then we`ll come up with something great:

"Nicole Champagne is a realtor here in the ____________ area whose commitment to the community is evident in light of her recent fundraising efforts on behalf of the blah-blah-blah society (list latest accomplishments here).  Nicole`s personal motto is "If it is to be then it is up to me!" and she certainly has proven that that philosophy leads her to success in her real estate business as well as in contributions to the community."
  • NicoleCNicoleC subscriber Posts: 18
    I specialize in residential real estate, investment properties, and vacation properties.  My mission is to help people make good real estate descisions based on their needs and desires.