WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Finding Angel Investors for a Restaurant startup

jeffnewcjeffnewc subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2011 in Startup Funding
I am looking for direction to find an angel investor in Michigan for a restaurant startup. The concept is very close to a very popular already existing fanchise but with a totally different twist. I do not want to go into details here but I have a background in this area but not the restaurant business.
I would need funding for the intial startup. The area in which I want to place the restaurant is a highly prized tourist area within the state and has great numbers throughout the year due to the local businesses and area.
Where do I begin? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any business I have started prior to this I have begun using my own funds but I cannot cover the funsing for this venture. Thank you in advance for your help.
Jeff

Comments

• jeffnewcjeffnewc subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you Robert i will do that. I want to lay out everything in a clear concise manner so I will probably Pm you latter tonight. I have had success in other businesses but the scope of this one would be much greater than anything I have done to date.
    I know I have to develop a good business plan. I just find it hard when developing one to come up with the projected numbers. To me all business plans are guesses, some more accurate than opthers but in the end just estimates correct? I know I can get accurate data on traffic, customer flow and things like that but sales, that one confuses me.