WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Risks of a Car Rental Bussines

desisundesisun subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Business Planning
Hi, I am 18 yrs old and interetstind in opening a car rental company, in Jan 08. I was wondering if anyone has any experenice in this area, and if you could share your difficulites and successes in the bussinesss.
Thanks .

Comments

• desisundesisun subscriber Posts: 1
    Hey thanks, for your reply. My bussiness model is aimed to more to students, who need cars for their Driving test. Ive heard many student canceling their Driving tests, because their parents are busy and they cant get a car from anywhere. As for my cars, I will only start out with a single car, since I dont want to risk too much money. I will probably use car around 2000 range. For example I have a 90 Toyota Corolla, which is a very easy to drive car, my friends say. The reasons why I like this bussiness is because I do not have to buy or lease a space,  I can run it from home, also I have the advantage of the Networking through Highschool in where I have the possiblty accuring customers. I am hoping to start this Bussiness in Jan 08, what do you think of the idea?

Thanks
  • desisundesisun subscriber Posts: 1
    Hey thanks for your reply Scott, I went to the city hall today (Maple Ridge, B.C.) and got all of the info and liecensing and stuff. I was wonderning am I not allowed to run this bussiness from home. My plan is to drive my car as normal, but whenever it is booked, I will deliver the car to the person. I guess I will have to clear that up my city. However for the worries you had, I think I`ve got them covered. My plan is to hire a driver that will drop off and pick up the customer right, so before the student takes the driving test, there will by my driver in the car, and when the student is taking the test, the Instructor will be in the car, and then my driver will drop the customer so the chance of the customer stealing the car is very slim. Also the car will be fully insured, as a fleet, not to sure on the terms yet, but yes there is a risk of an accident occuring but to be successful you have to take risks right.

Thanks
    Sun Gill
  • infinique1infinique1 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Dude, I like your enthusiasm. However, try working in a car rental company first. That way, you would know the ins and outs of the business and have a better idea of the kind of cars people who rent and what the customers really want in terms of pricing and service.
  • ndrewoodsndrewoods subscriber Posts: 0

I just rented a car for a trip. At first I tried the various discount/lowcost travel sites. Then I went on one of my cr card sites. They love to sell you parts cars travel! I couldn't believe the rates. I booked a car, even paying with another card. When I do something like this online, I take a screenshot of every page I go thru in the process. Take a printout of them with you. This way there are no surprises and you have proof of your agreement. (I was esp suspect of this one, but absolutely no flags came up throughout the process)
    Great advice from LY; check your coverage and do not pay them for gas. Gas up before you head to the airport.
    Have a great trip!
  • getridofsoregetridofsore subscriber Posts: 0
    I like your enthusiasm. However, try working in a car rental company first. That way, you would know the ins and outs of the business and have a better idea of the kind of cars people who rent and what the customers really want in terms of pricing and service.
  • DavidJohnDavidJohn subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi everyone! the thread seems to be intersting aqs the risk involved in the car rental business is very high, but if proper and well care and planning is done for the hirign services thenb surely the risk can get reduced or even the risk will not be there at all.
  • DavidJohnDavidJohn subscriber Posts: 0
    I have just availed car rental services and honestly, there is no risk involved while hiring the car.
    Singapore Car Rental
  • hogsonkeishahogsonkeisha subscriber Posts: 0
    Thanks for pointing these things out. Yeah I know that there are actually a lot of risks when into a car rental businesses. I am sure things will be so fine.

Thanks,
  • hogsonkeishahogsonkeisha subscriber Posts: 0
    Thanks for pointing these things out. Yeah I know that there are actually a lot of risks when into a car rental businesses. I am sure things will be so fine.

Thanks,
    <a href="https://www.shuttletucsonconnection.com/shuttle-pricing/morenci-arizona-shuttle/">Morenci, Arizona Shuttle</a?