WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

SitePal: Annoying or Cute?

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited August 2007 in Sales
What if you only used sitepal on your `contact us` page - but nowhere else. Would it still be as annoying?
Why on earth would you use it on your contact page? That should be the simplest and least intrusive page on your site.
Dale KingDKing2007-8-15 9:18:51

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Dale, They are annoying. site pal is a replica of SUBJEX CSR.Which I used for awhile only to find out that it wasn`t even worth having and it was time consuming. I think that after using both products. I find Subjex CSR to be more useful than site pal. The drawback is the training time. I didn`t have the time to be training the virtual assistant, although I had it on learn mode it was going to take time to get it into production mode.
  • CoachKennedyCoachKennedy subscriber Posts: 0
    I would have to agree with most of the other posters have said....they are annoying.  I`m less likely to remain on a site with those annoying talking figures!  I also dislike music  that comes on automatically upon arriving at a site.  I try to find the "sound off" button as quickly as possible.
    Good question....keep `em coming!

• terminationguruterminationguru subscriber Posts: 0
    Ok, so I may be the weird one who likes them.  As long as their message is brief, I`m apt to stay on the site 5 seconds longer.
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
  • Victor363Victor363 subscriber Posts: 2
    What if you only used sitepal on your `contact us` page - but nowhere else. Would it still be as annoying?
  • Victor363Victor363 subscriber Posts: 2
    Why on earth would you use it on your contact page? That should be the simplest and least intrusive page on your site.
    Dale KingWell, it is definitely not something I would experiment with myself - much less pay any type of fee to sitepal for. But if it could be implemented into the standard e-commerce site, I would think the contact us page could be a candidate.Personally, I like the idea of including a picture of a customer service representative on the contact us page: it humanizes the process and gives the impression that you are writing to an actual person, opposed to a faceless corporation.In the context of sitepal, could this be an other way to establish a personal connection? What about for the `help` pages of technology sites? I refuse to believe that the program is 100% useless   ......There has to be one e-commerce site out there (maybe even 2) that could implement it in a profitable manner..........
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
      I refuse to believe that the program is 100% useless   ......There has to be one e-commerce site out there (maybe even 2) that could implement it in a profitable manner..........
    No one said SitePal was 100% useless - although I certainly wouldn`t use it. The topic question was: SitePal: Annoying Or Cute?
    Dale King