WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Any Suggestions?

corrycorry subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2007 in Business Planning
I recently just moved to a small town. After being in this small town for a little over a month I have began to think that it would be a good idea to open a store that sold items that are not so accsable in a small town. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I could go about getting items in mass quantity for less money and on how to start the  business idea up?
mlcorry2007-2-6 12:46:25

Comments

• Options
    ARiskARisk subscriber Posts: 4
    I grew up in a small town, I graduated with 30 people!  What types of things are you interested in selling?  Try to decide what type of items you would like to sell.  Then I would talk to the towns people to see what they feel they "need" close by to purchase and see if that correlates with your what you are interesting in selling.  As a small town girl, I would advise you to make some connections in the community so you have the support of the people.  Without the support you have no store!
  • Options
    Wirehead321Wirehead321 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    This might seem simple, but have you been to the local chamber of commerce in the town. Or go to the local shops to find out how you can help improve their business by becoming a wholeseller to them. Go to the local barber shop listen to the conversations. Doing that the town will tell you all you need to know about what the need and what their wants are. I am doing this right now I live Chicago, but the neighbors are like small towns. I when to meetings in my local area and find out they needed business training for HOSO in the area. I am working on providing a class that will teach that. It`s not a big project, but just think I will get to know a lot about potential customers should I teach the class.