WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Could We Create a Business Together?

Comments

• JeffJeff subscriber Posts: 1
    I`m happy to jump back in if people are sufficiently inspired to make something happen. So? Who`s interested?

Jeff
  • GamerMikeGamerMike subscriber Posts: 0
    ok Jeff you might be on too something that im into now i have many ideas but no money so how can i help; well i would love to share my ideas and see if we can make money off of them.  im from Washington D.C but live in Maryland and im not that old yet lol but i spent many years just thinking what life would be like if i had the help i needed to follow up on the ideas and plans i`ve come up with to make the world a little better. Well like i said i don`t have the money but i know i have the plan and ideas to make money and to help our younger people live and look forward to having a better live so i`ll love to help in anyway i can so if anyone wants to i hear and you can use any of my ideas to make money and help people. thanks for letting me share and hope to hear for someone soon...
  • DougsterDougster subscriber Posts: 4
    I would be open to having my product be a starting point.
    It obviously has the market already in place.
    Some of the profits could be used to help other people as well.
    Lets brainstorm on this if you like.
    Aloha
    Doug
  • rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member

I`m happy to jump back in if people are sufficiently inspired to make something happen. So? Who`s interested?

Jeff

Jeff I`m interested and will be willing to take part and also add some of my ideas when the new thread is created.
    Michael
    well it seems that indeed there is some interest in still trying to make something happen in our community with respect to rallying together around a good business idea and transforming that idea into a business in which we would all contribute and share ownership.

I think the key thing this time is to really understand and agree to a process by which we proceed to really make this happen.

Here are some proposed steps from my perspective:

1. Let`s first agree to the overall concept. So here is my proposal: We first agree on a business idea in which a group of us believe in sufficiently to contribute our time and effort, and perhaps capital as well, in exchange for equity in a business based on that idea. Our roles and contributions would obviously vary, and we would have to agree that individuals would receive different levels of ownership based on the value of their contribution. Anyone participating in this project needs to agree to that broad understanding.

2. We submit business ideas and explore them through forum discussions

3. We ultimately agree on an idea that we believe is worth of pursuing

4. We pick the team members and negotiate the ownership percentages

5. We then develop a business plan

6. Execute the development of the business, secure needed resources, and launch the business

That`s an overview of my general approach to this. If anyone has other ideas or comments, please bring it on! Let`s spend the first part of this effort agreeing to this process, and then we can next move to proposing business ideas...

I look forward to it....

Jeff

• ChicLadyChicLady subscriber Posts: 4
    Hey Jeff,

I am just joining this discussion. I recently hear a report on NPR on philanthropic entrepreneurship and immediately remembered this post. As a wonderful and vast, not to mention brilliant community wouldnt it be amazing to see what we could create (or change) in the world (while making $$).

Heres what one amazing co did (and they make tons of $$):

http://www.vestergaard-frandsen.com/lifestraw.htm
  • GamerMikeGamerMike subscriber Posts: 0
    im sorry it took me awhile to reply just waiting to see how many people would respond.  i have a couple of ideas i want to throw out here to get some feed back. my first plan has to do with my name on here Gamer now if you are into home video system like i am you should know its one of the fastest growing and i don`t see a slow down anytime soon.  so i want to open up a Gamers lounge a Games sports bar or Gamers kids which will host parties for kid.  i don`t want ot go to deep into my plans yet i just want to throw the names out their and see what others can come up with than add on to what i already came up with. but to give people a safe place outside of their homes to gather and enjoy playing the system will be a great way to make money in any state. this is just one idea of mine and i have others but this one is the easiest to come together on and make happen and also will make lots of money...
    Perhaps we can gather the idea`s and see what would have the most posibilities for everyone.
    Let`s start to kick around some business ideas. If anyone would like to submit an idea that a group of us could rally around, please feel free to propose....
    Let`s then "debate" the merits of each idea and see if one or two surface as good candidates.
    Jeff
    Hmmm,
     Wow...Were off to a fast start here...

I guess we have fewer interested parties then I thought for this grand Startup Nation "Startup"

I would like to nominate my Business idea as a startup as I feel it has the best world wide appeal & ability to make big profits while providing a real health benefit for the user as well (Win/Win) but then I want to get moving ASAP too...

Anyone else?
  • TheLouTheLou subscriber Posts: 2
    Hello Everyone!! I am new here and I am really excited to hear from all of
    you. To put it in simple terms: My husband and I are both artists . He with
    photography and art,Myself with music. I would like to combine both our
    talents so that we can run a business together. Unfortunately the category
    that his photography falls in is very competitive so there has to be
    something that we could do to make him stand out. He currently works a
    day job and does the photography on the side. I feel that with the right
    funding we could invest more into his side business and make it more
    lucrative. Any suggestions? I am tired of us being the starving artists we
    have talent and its time to make money off of it! Cheers!
    Is there anyone amongst the contributors to this forum who would like to take the lead and manage the process of collecting the business ideas? If so, please step forward!

I think there has been some interesting commentary regarding ideas already but we need to do this in an organized fashion.

Thanks...

Jeff
    Good idea to move forward, but I doubt we have a total of 10 idea`s all together?
    Do we even have 5?
    Hello Brian & Denise,
    Perhaps I should hold off on my "Idea" for a business startup for Startup Nation as I am to talk with a investor in the next week.

That being said, I think the first order of business is to get "The #1 Idea" for a group business stated...

Then people could gather around their talents around the actual goal of that business.