WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Could We Create a Business Together?

Comments

• AMEX555AMEX555 subscriber Posts: 0
    Don`t agree that it`s either. Difficult yes, not impossible though.
    AMEX555
  • rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Denise
    I think your on the right path.
    I fell we should start a fee and paid membership base community.
    The types of services you suggest; we could provide to community members at a special member price and to non members at full price.
    We just need to know what others here think.
    Come on everyone tell us your honest thoughts. If you do not agree let us all know your ideas.
  • AMEX555AMEX555 subscriber Posts: 0
    Mike, there must be a misunderstanding as you seem to be refer to something different. I would gladly clarify my statement but in a private forum not here. Please send me an e-mail.Regards,
    AMEX555
  • HectorHector subscriber Posts: 1
    Jeff, count me in Marketing and Sales.
  • nolijseekernolijseeker subscriber Posts: 0
    I`m new to this forum and was wondering if the business you are talking about has already been created or is it in the process of been created.
  • YoYoMelYoYoMel subscriber Posts: 0

SUN Community...
    Do any of you think it could be possible for us as a community to identify a business idea; find people within the community interested in developing and executing on the business idea; create a business plan together; and launch and run the business? If it`s possible, those that participate could be the owners of the company. It`s a wild thought, but how cool would it be to use the power of our community to go beyond just sharing ideas and expertise. We could actually put our collective capabilities to work, build businesses together, create success together, and share the rewards together...
    What do you think????
    Jeff

Jeff,
    Great idea however probably more possible if the internet can eventually overcome the uncertainties and hurdles of developing sound relationships online. Kinda like trying to find a date online let alone trying to start a venture together...are we who we say we are?
    Nonetheless a noteworthy question and still possibly one worth continually examining...might be a venture here somewhere?
    Brian

• JeffJeff subscriber Posts: 1
    [/QUOTE]
    Jeff,
    Great idea however probably more possible if the internet can eventually overcome the uncertainties and hurdles of developing sound relationships online. Kinda like trying to find a date online let alone trying to start a venture together...are we who we say we are?
    Nonetheless a noteworthy question and still possibly one worth continually examining...might be a venture here somewhere?
    Brian

[/QUOTE]
    Brian...I think your concern is valid. Like with any other situation in which people are fundamental to the equation, lots of due diligence and "getting acquainted" will need to be done before any one person is comfortable with anyone else being considered as part of the team. One of the big differences between this and the online dating challenge is that one can legitimately ask for and get references that can be checked...
    As Mitey Mite indicates in her post of today, one business created by the community is in the incubator and may emerge as a great first example of what can be done. Rest assured that there has been a lot of checking of resumes, references, and a lot of making sure that each member fits the overall culture and chemistry of the team.
    Jeff
  • WeblinkWeblink subscriber Posts: 0
    It is an excellent idea Jeff.  I am from India - !!  Can you shed some light as to what kind of Cross Country Business we an figure out for our start-up !!  I am keenly excited about the idea !!!
    Contact me at [url=mailto:web&#108;inkservice@yahoo.com]weblinkservice@yahoo.com[/url]</A>

Sanjoy

• YoYoMelYoYoMel subscriber Posts: 0

As Mitey Mite indicates in her post of today, one business created by the community is in the incubator and may emerge as a great first example of what can be done. Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I concur. I ran into this site by accident but I`m glad to be here...lot`s of energy from what I can already tell and that can only be a good thing.
    Looking forward to seeing the eventual progress of the first "online" business. I`ll be checking often.
    thanks!
    bp

• RumpelstiltskinRumpelstiltskin subscriber Posts: 1

x

Rumpelstiltskin2007-3-9 20:15:56
  • KarelGKarelG subscriber Posts: 4
    Jeff,
    I think it is a great idea.  Especially for people like me who work in Corporate America, but still want to contribute a few hours to something more exciting.  Thanks for creating this website.  It`s a great place to toss out ideas and see what catches on.
    How about creating a business plan and then partner with the Small Business Assn. to find someone interested in working the business, while we operate as the Board and contribute oversight?

• darrenjacklindarrenjacklin subscriber Posts: 0
    I am open to the Masterminding of the business IDEA
    Darren
  • LexusLexus subscriber Posts: 0

Great idea Jeff...however I would love to broaden you insight a little more if I may.
    Are you accepting ideas on this? 
    Thank you for your time,
    Patience
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
  • sagebgreenenergysagebgreenenergy subscriber Posts: 2
    I`m definately in - love to share ideas, and (one of the few) I love to research and write busienss plans.I also agree that it could be more than one business that comes out of this opportunity.  When do we get started??