WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Could We Create a Business Together?

Comments

• AMEX555AMEX555 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello Everyone:While I agree with Jeff on the idea front, I am somewhat lost when on the rules guiding the initial phases of research towards implemention of the idea conceived. Did I miss something; MiteyMite, when was this `...team working on structuring and equity division...` created? Also, how are members of the advisory board nomiated/chosen? Could anyone clarify the above. Thanks in advance. I can contribute greatly in both advisory and other capacities. 
  • NYC696NYC696 subscriber Posts: 0
    I have no need to wait for their recommendations to commit and proceed. Does anyone else think the same?

I do. I`m confident that if I deliver enough value, I won`t have to worry about being compensated.

Are there two boards being formed? An "Executive Board" and an "Advisory Board"? (Executive = execute / action; Advisory = advise / feedback)

I am willing to serve on either board subject to clarity in terms of commitment level and my own constraints - as is true of everyone, I want to avoid promising more than I can deliver. (been there, done that, trying hard to never do it again)

Steven
  • PokermanPokerman subscriber Posts: 5
    I learned a long time ago... it`s easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission. 
    I`m pushing on in the e-learning area with what I believe will have value to the enterprise.  If it doesn`t, well, I`ll have learned something in the process.
  • harleenkaur69harleenkaur69 subscriber Posts: 0
    it a beautiful idea jeff ........ very very beautiful.
  • JeffJeff subscriber Posts: 1
    now the trick is to turn a beautiful idea into a beautiful reality that is good for all who participate....
    stay tuned...
    Jeff
    yeah sure i would love to be a part of something this great.
    I would agree that e-learning has lots of potential, and I think MiteyMite said it well....there are a lot of good ideas....the key is to put those ideas to work as great businesses. Let`s make that happen!
    Jeff
    yup sorry i dint quite get the greenbeans concept , anyway i am game to try anything new
  • rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Hi all
    I have a sinking feeling that all the talk here is great but is not getting us anywhere.
    My feeling is we need to change tact and start earring some income and contribute part of this income to a start up fund. We could do this by selecting and all joining a good affiliate program of popular choice. Members could nominate programs.
    We would also need to know who would be willing to join in and do this and who would be willing to help promote a project like this.
    I also feel we should decide on one start up project and elect a board to manage it.  For now we could do this via another unlisted thread that only the participants would use.
    I have seen large groups of people doing this at Adlandpro
    See Adlandpro Reviewed Here  http://www.networking.love-au.com/</A>
    Anyone have thoughts on this? Anyone have alternate ideas?rexiedexie2007-1-30 2:4:44
    Hi All Again
    Here is an idea we may be able to use as a business.
    We all have expertise. We could sell advise via Ether
    Create an Ether with several topics related to E-learning Online Business and related relevant topics.
    Knowledgeable members could have there own Ether topic on one Startup Nation or Separate URL we all purchase. The participating members could give a percentage or income to the overall group to be used to set up other projects.
    See an article about Ether
    ful_idea_for_entrepreneurs
  • NejhNejh subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Jeff,
    Excellent suggestion.  Count me in.
    Darren
    structure is a good thing....I look forward to what you come up with Denise....
    Jeff
  • AMEX555AMEX555 subscriber Posts: 0
    Superb, let`s get the ball rolling. Denise, advise how I can contribute to the structure. 
    Denise
    Yes I agree we need a structure to work within. This point did keep on getting lost with our enthusiasm to get a project moving.
    Denise I commend you for doing this it is a really positive step forward.
    I also see no reason why we cannot start some mini projects for member who have time or who are not involved in any main project. I think we need something like this to insure all members here maintain interest and keep learning.
    This can also be a way to generate some startup capital.
    I`ve been saying a bit lately so I will now shut up and wait to see what other members here think.