WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Could We Create a Business Together?

Comments

• Options
    rossbrossb subscriber Posts: 5
    MiteyMite -An excellent example of why you were elected!R-
  • Options
    bjflanaganbjflanagan subscriber Posts: 0
    So what`s my big idea? As I posted on BrandBuilding: 10 word pitch:

JanSkin. "Late Night Lingerie For Occasions That Make You Feel Special.

"How about "Late night lingerie for special occasions."?
    Fewer words --> higher impact.
  • Options
    stevesteve subscriber Posts: 14
    In compiling and organizing the info for the
    submission process I`ve noticed several.... um, I`ll call
    them "skill holes".What are the specific gaps you`ve
    observed?
  • Options
    yourNAMEinDotComyourNAMEinDotCom subscriber Posts: 17
    We already have a business together. It`s just that we`re not the owners. 
  • Options
    yourNAMEinDotComyourNAMEinDotCom subscriber Posts: 17
    Hi Mike,It`s really not for me to elaborate.Sorry.
  • Options
    JeffJeff subscriber Posts: 1
    I see progress is being made! Great leadership from the leaders...
    Keep going! Anytime you`d like to set up a conference call, I`d be happy to host it from StartupNation.
    Jeff
  • Options
    EricEric subscriber Posts: 8
    I like the static heading with project threads beneath. It`s a clean idea. Were all familiar with the format. Putting everything in one room is very important
    Jeff has offered a conference call. I`m sure Mitey is on top of that.  
  • Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    ElidS situation is too far away to go... how about we could start a mushroom farm. That way as workers for the mushrooms are needed, less skilled SuN family members can work the mushroom farm for say... a year in order to accomplish equity in the SuN Mushroom Farm. What kind of mushrooms sell good? 
  • Options
    BobafartBobafart subscriber Posts: 1
    so what`s the business idea we are going with?
  • Options
    DwightDwight subscriber Posts: 1
    Jeff,
    I`m new to the community and I am open for any new ideas. Currently I am also looking for a variety of combined resources to do the same with my startup(s).  How would this work if using a physical product requiring a physical stocking location or are you thinking more along the line of other products which only require on-line transactions only? Regardless, keep me in the loop.
    By the way, thanks for bringing us this website.
  • Options
    EricEric subscriber Posts: 8
    My top 10: 5a-5b-5c-5d-5f-8a-8b-22-25-27
    5a-d and 5f  (No 5e)  Almost the entire 5 series Allows for most options while delivering the right people.More important, the process can be repeated and constantly improved.
    8a-b I would like to see more details. Looks complex but could be effective. There is a need for a one stop shop of this nature. No reason it couldn`t be addressed in the 5 series.
    22- E-Book.  Perhaps of the most cost effective "starter" idea on the board.
    25- SuN Label concept deserves a closer look. I`d like to hear more details about how this would be implemented. This method of branding could lead to strengthening the credibility and draw interest for many of the products or businesses.
    27- The Magazine concepts have my interest even while considering the huge failure rate. More info please.
     Eric2006-11-13 23:57:45
  • Options
    rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    My Top 10
    3, 5a, 5b, 5c, 5d, 5e, 7d, 15a, 15b, 21,
    7d Could be like a password protected internal forum.
    If we get the initial structure right a lot of the other suggestions could be done later or even at the same time under separate management or board.

• Options
    SethSeth subscriber Posts: 2
    Please don`t scream but I`d like to throw something in the mix here. In today`s Wall Street Journal there is a Notice Of Sale of Collateral for U.S. Patent 7,080,778 (movable Object Accoutnability System). I have read and reread the patent claim and it needs a brighter and more skilled mind to understand the application; however, I do see possibility (and huge potential) for a SUN nationwide business using the technology. Patent pros, where are you?
  • Options
    Innovator7Innovator7 subscriber Posts: 9
    Hi all,I decided to join SUN.  I was member of InventNet, where similar idea was conceived and attempted with apparently no success.  Reasons?  It boils down to "What`s in it for me?"Typically a small group of people who really control the common business reap most of the benefits, so the rest just leave such a collaborative organization.I`m pessimistic, yes.  But can people remove greed from themselves?  The very idea of a SUN business is to make a profit, isn`t it?  Otherwise people would and could simply give away their time and ideas for free.
  • Options
    CreativeGalCreativeGal subscriber Posts: 2
    I like the 7 series, 10, 22, and 27, but there are SO many great ideas in the list.   I think 22 might be my favorite because it gives everyone the chance to have a stake in the business.  When it comes time for a vote, can we have the option of voting for more than one choice??  Not sure if this could mess up the results (giving some ties), but if not, would be good.  There are so many great ideas!
    CG