WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

The hottest business opportunities today

Comments

• RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    XpressPrint,so is this a multi-level marketing project?rich
  • RSchlieperRSchlieper subscriber Posts: 0

LOL to Blu...,  I`m a baby boomer and yes I have money and yes I travel but no, I don`t go to any gym(s) and thanks for your 10 cents worth.  LOL, did you mean comprised in number 4?
    Thanks
    RSchlieper (Ron)

Yes I did.  Sigh...old...ummm...I mean....getting older is affecting my eyesight and typing...sniff.  Time to be a consultant!

Blu..., Do I have a great product for you, and anybody else who has health issues, XanGo is!
    RSchlieper
  • PokermanPokerman subscriber Posts: 5
    First post to the forums - just found StartupNation today.
    I have to agree that energy is a huge growth opportunity but one that has some huge barriers to entry... So with that in mind I`ve opted to purse the opportunities that the popularity of Texas Hold `Em Poker has opened.
    I`ve been capitalizing on the fact that some 80 million americans currently play poker.  For the past year I`ve been working through the issues involved in running a bar based Amateur Poker League.  I`m currently conducting over 60 tournaments a week.  The popularity of the game does not seem to be abating and I`m currently working at franchising what I`ve been doing successfully for the past year.
    The biggest barrier in this field is the tracking of the player`s league standings and making them available through the internet.  I`ve been able to overcome this because of my wife`s programming skills.  She coded the 2002 MSNBC Winter Olympics results page, worked with the Microsoft Developer`s Network on the Duwamish Book Project and was one of Boeing`s first web developers.  We`ve created the code to track player standings and can now offer it to others through our franchise system making it possible for an individual to create a local amateur poker league that can benefit from the synergy of being affiliated with a national league.
    Contact information is available via our http://www.nofeetexasholdem.com</A> Pokerman2006-12-12 11:22:20
  • rajinenterprisesrajinenterprises subscriber Posts: 3

Because i found a business model that activates me as a distributor and all i do is lead people to my website, or bring them in as business partners.  Either way, make money on retail product sales and commission checks for creating sales volume.  Amazing!!!  Traditional business is slowly changing as there is a new wave coming.....i can`t wait!!!

I`d love to hear more about this business model. Please tell more?
  • onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16

Because i found a business model that activates me as a distributor and all i do is lead people to my website, or bring them in as business partners.  Either way, make money on retail product sales and commission checks for creating sales volume.  Amazing!!!  Traditional business is slowly changing as there is a new wave coming.....i can`t wait!!!

I`d love to hear more about this business model. Please tell more?

This is more commonly known as Network Marketing or Multi
    Level Marketing (MLM). Do a google search for Brilliant Compensation and watch
    that. It will give you a good understanding of the model. Just be careful. One
    of the challenges with the model is many people say what ever they want to get
    you in the business. There is really no jurisdiction to what some people will
    say to get you in their group.

JH

• epetersepeters subscriber Posts: 1
     [/QUOTE]
    This is more commonly known as Network Marketing or Multi Level Marketing (MLM). Do a google search for Brilliant Compensation and watch that. It will give you a good understanding of the model. Just be careful. One of the challenges with the model is many people say what ever they want to get you in the business. There is really no jurisdiction to what some people will say to get you in their group.
    [/QUOTE]
    So true! I`m in PIF4P, and yes, people will say just about ANYTHING to get you to join under them. I think it`s sick. I get people by being honest and telling them what to expect. And no, you won`t get-rich-quick with any MLM business, unless you can buy a ton of leads or have tons of time to prospect for free ones. Like any other business it takes time and usually money for good results.. Yes, it`s a lucrative business (I`ve done pretty well for just starting), but I`ll say it again-it takes time and money to get good results. I believe the above person was either referiing to Pay It Forward 4 Profits or Shaklee. Just a guess.
    Actually in Shaklee and it does sell actual things. Like natural cleaning supplies, makeup, vitamis, weight loss stuff etc. That`s whybI like PIF4P, it`s unlike almost all MLM thing, because you actually have a primary business, and in order for it to be successful enough to earn crazy residual income , your primary HAS to be something everyone needs and buys frequently. I chose Shaklee because everyone uses the stuff they sell. Simple. I love that you pointed out that MLM stuff has no actual product, and the part about peoples perception of it. Geez, if more people would try hard at it they`d sit on their butts st home like me. 95% fail. epeters2006-12-29 13:47:0
  • cjpeepscjpeeps subscriber Posts: 5
    I agree that I have often used MLM and the term "scam" interchangeably.  I appreciate the comment from IdeasandInnovations on December 29 that the two are not interchangeable.
    If a legitimate product is being bought and sold through MLM, it is a legitimate business not a scam.
    We also often get caught in "scams" because we fail to read everything associated with the program.
    1) Be sure a legitimate product is being bought and sold (whether it`s marketing tools or health products),
    2) If you get involved in an MLM, be sure the products are something you yourself use, and
    3) Investigate the program as much as you can before getting involved.cjpeeps2007-1-2 14:13:55
    I`m in MLM and I STILL use it interchageably with the word scam. I found just about every stinkin scam out there. But, obviously I agree with what you said. Only because I actually found something that`s starting to make a turnaround. I`m finally making headway. And yeah, every single one that was a scam didn`t have a real primary business to promote (real things). 40 Gs later I figured that out. Wish I saw a post like yours sooner, then maybe I would`ve found PIF4P faster.
  • RSchlieperRSchlieper subscriber Posts: 0
    Personally I prefer the Franchise aspect of a home business rather than MLM.  Although PIF4P allows one to plug in ones existing Primary or Home Business/Business`s URL to help get traffic/signups/customers etc..
    It`s FREE to sign up and learn what it is we`re doing.  Hey, what have you got to lose?  It`s FREE!  Click here for more information.
    RSchlieper (Ron)
    OK, before you go getting all sales pitchy, I have to say something. Yes, PIF4P is free to join, yes you can make money doing it.. But... it`s not a get rich quick scheme, and if you want real reasults guess what? It takes money to make money.PIF4P does not require a huge investment of time or money.But I feel as though it will discredit myself and the PIF4P franchise system if I advertise it to sound that way. You can have 5 million people in your downline. But if they joined under false expectations, they won`t do anything with it which = no money for you or them. I actually happen to have a girl in my downline who DID sign up for almost everything PIF4P suggests you do, but she`s not an upgraded member, which means she can`t collect commissions on her affiliate stuff. But hey, I collect $ from all her signups b/c I AM an upgraded member. So...to say that you`ll make a lot of money by joining everything for free is just not true. You`ll work hard to get signups, then not make much money off them. And for me, time= money. epeters2007-1-3 21:15:30

It`s FREE to sign up and learn what it is we`re doing.  Hey, what have you got to lose?  It`s FREE!
    RSchlieper (Ron)

You`re right... it is free, so I did.... maybe my registration will push you into the 100 plus category on the Leaderboard
    Pokerman-did you read my post?epeters2007-1-4 18:50:58
    Yes I did read your post.  I`ve been reading a lot of posts about this PayItForward... and the bottom line is ... it is free to sign up and "learn what it is we`re doing", and that`s exactly what I wanted to find out... what exactly is it that this is all about.  I may never become an upgraded member, I don`t know enough yet and if I don`t, well I probably won`t be doing much promotion of the program either.
    Either way,  the invitiation was presented.  The link was there... and I signed up.  Call it an impulse buy (for free). Now if I get some time, I`ll peruse the site and see if there is any value to me.  Hopefully any quality info won`t be buried in a ton of hype or I`ll never get to it because my time is precious.
    I`m not interested in an income from sign-ups.  I run a legitimate business and am in the process of franchising it nationwide.  If payitforward can help me to effectively present the franchise opportunity I have to offer then it may have the value I`m seeking.  If it`s just a scheme to sign-up more people... I`m outta there.Pokerman2007-1-4 20:13:21
    You could use the business your already working on as you`re primary business. Maybe that`s a good idea. I hope you enjoy it.