WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How much info to give potential investors??

judsonvoss1judsonvoss1 subscriber Posts: 5
edited April 2007 in Startup Funding
We are working on a few projects that we will need startup funding for in the next couple of months.  One of them is a service company and its premise is fairly basic.  Another project is a first to market service and would be by far the first of it`s kind.  Some of the people I would like to approach for funding could also be competitors if they came up with the same idea.  Any suggestions on how to cover my assets?  I have NDA`s available.  The intellectual property rights attorney I spoke with said that while the idea is a viable solution it would be tough to defend in court.  My conncern is that if I present the idea and have NDA`s signed but the other company still proceeds by the time we fight it out in court it will be too late to salvage the project.

Thanks for your input.

Comments