WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Feedback Please -- Politmus.com

theswaynestertheswaynester subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
edited October 2006 in Website Critique
Hey everyone.I`m hoping I can get some StartUp Nationals to review our new website. It`s a concept called "politmus." The idea developed out of some conversations about politics and the wisdom of crowds. I currently work in a pretty politically charged environment. A lot of lefties. I have a lot of friends, also, who are righties. All of them complain that it`s hard to get the unbiased truth from the media.We`re hoping Politmus can help by allowing people a chance to register their opinions on media bias, combine these opinions with a community rating, and then serve as a "guide" as they explore new websites.Check it out, and let me know what you think. www.politmus.com</A>The site is in, I guess you would call it, pre-beta mode, but we hope to use your comments to evolve this community concept as far as we can take it.
The Swaynester

Comments

• RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    regarding whether people would already know a site`s policical bent, i believe this is not only about what people know but about what people want to EXPRESS.
    anything political is charged with "opinion" and i LOVE this concept. i think people will jump all over it.  
  • theswaynestertheswaynester subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    Thanks for the comments!
    Interesting concept, but wouldn`t people already know that a site has a conservative or progressive bias? render properly. As far as progressive or conservative, I have friends on both sides who claim the same site is both skewed right... or skewed left, depending on their affiliation... and also the amount of coffee and/or beer they`ve injested.
    Another feature we`re planning... in fact, our developer may have already included it... will allow you to rate individual stories or blog posts--which will then aggregate to influence the overall site rating.
  • ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    Interesting concept Swayne, my biggest issue is with the performance of the site - new windows, resized windows, funky windows - I exclusively use FF, so maybe this isn`t an issue in IE, but I`d work on shifting the functionality so that I can remain in one screen and take the actions you want me to take (didn`t seem like there was anything that couldn`t be accomplished without the new & resized windows).
    I appreciate all the feedback. This is really good stuff. And, we alrady have some ideas how to make this more user friendly.The funny thing... I checked Google Analytics and was expecting hits from around the country... but people have visited from all over the world! Europe.. South America... Now, that`s reach.Should Startup Nation be renamed Startup International?
    The Swaynester
  • CreativeGalCreativeGal subscriber Posts: 2
    I was very excited about this site when I first saw it.  The window resizing (and having to manually close the `rated site` window) is a bit annoying.  However, the biggest thing I noticed was that when I rated several sites, there were a few times when my rating didn`t record accurately as it would be way off from what I voted. 
    If these things are fixed, then I would definitely use this site very often.  I like the concept and will be sharing the site with my friends.
    Good Luck Politmus!
    Thanks CreativeGal--I`ll add that to the list of things we need to work on.I appreciate the feedback.The Swaynester
    Hello all.If you`re interested, we`ve made some modifications based on the suggestions. We`re still working on the rest.Let me know what you think.www.politmus.com</A>The Swaynester