WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Business Partners, Team Members

theswaynestertheswaynester subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
We all have our strenghts and weeknesses.
To build better businesses, we need a lot of different skills and expereince. I thought I would add a place to find business partners and team mates.
Anyone looking for a person to round out their teams?

Comments

• theswaynestertheswaynester subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    I hate to reply to myself. It`s just kind of creepy. But what the heck...
    I have some ideas for products, but I don`t really have the technical skills to make samples and prototypes (some involve electronics). I`d love to team up with someone with those types of skills.
    I`m also always kicking around some internet business ideas and could always use someone with some web and computer skills.
    Let me know if you`re interested in teaming up!

Matt S.
  • bobbyhumebobbyhume subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Hey Matt-

I am also an idea guy. I am a fast thinker who is never bored
    for long. I have technical skills and would love to help you
    bring your ideas to prototype and hopefully to market. I am
    currently working on a project that involves electronics and a bit
    of computer programming. Luckily I have a buddy who I have
    known forever that is a really good at helping me sort out
    complex electronics. If you are interested in talking please feel
    free to e-mail me so I can send you my contact info. Perhaps
    we could work together and score some bucks for the good
    guys.

Robert H.
    bobbyhume@yahoo.com

• watergalwatergal subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    I took the one minute millionaire test. I am a TURTLE.  Any more
    turtles out there?
    Jo
    Sorry. No turtle, here.
    I`m a hare, here.

Matt S.
  • bobbyhumebobbyhume subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    I am a hare, but there is an owl who lives in the back of my head and sneaks out to play sometimes.

Robert
  • hare.
    vision and creativity are sure signs of enterpreneurship.  and seem to be that of the hare, as well.  i bet we see a lot of hares in this group.
  • MarketeerMarketeer subscriber Posts: 2
    Here`s one more hare to add to the list.
    I`ve found that by including others that tend to focus more on the details and strategize about execution on my teams, we`re able to be much more successful than I believe I could have been on my own. For me, interaction with these types can be frustrating at times, but it also causes me to slow down and flex my own careful execution muscles.
    Good luck on forming your team Matt.
  • VickiJVickiJ subscriber Posts: 6
    And yet another hare! I would have guessed I was a turtle because I seem to be going so slow. But everything I`ve read tells me it`s better to think things through before you jump in. So slow is good - in my case anyway.
    Thanks for a great link. I liked the whole site and signed up for the newsletter. Every little bit of info can help.
    I was considering my business idea as a single-person venture, but as I study it more and more I`m finding I`m probably going to need help. I can`t hire anybody. How do I find local people who might be interested in a partnership? I think I would want to work with people from my area.
  • TrueGRITSTrueGRITS subscriber Posts: 3
    And I am the only owl/squirrel combo.  A bizarre pairing if you imagine the physiology.
    How do all these quizzes (like the one at entrepreneurnextdoor.com) get my entire personality and being exactly right with a few questions?!  I`ve seen people date each other for years and not know this much about the other person.  For any of you having marital problems, get your spouse to take the quiz and sit down to discuss the answer!

Where I work, there`s a cult of personality tests. The Myers-Briggs is huge.It`s good for management... they get to reduce all of humanity and its cursed individuality into four initials. They no longer refer to us by names, but by these initials, like INTJ or ESFP... EIEIO.I have taken the same test three times in five years.Just to mess with people, I take it different each time.The looks I get are worth the price of admission.
    There are probably a lot of pure solo-minded entreprenuers, but I wouldn`t make the assumption that entreprenuers can`t work with... or partner with... each other. A lot of successful businesses are built on partnerships... Apple. Microsoft. Google.Everyone`s different, but I think the key to turning entreprenuers into partners is to give them ownership in your vision. Just from my impression of the people on this board--if you can sell them on the idea and show them the end goal... Then allow them to use their own skills and ideas to bring it about... there`s nothing they can`t do.
  • BardStuffBardStuff subscriber Posts: 7
    Your first two examples are funny if you look at the relationship between Jobs/Wozniak and Gates/Allen now. Not exactly the best of friends!   I get your point, though - their friendships ended and they went their separate ways long after the companies became mega successful.  That`s one of the theories for why Google is staying strong as long as they are, that Larry and Sergei were smart enough to bring in a third party (a grown up, as they say,whose name I am forgetting - Mike something?) to run the show so that the two super geniuses who built it can continue to do what they love without the stress of having to share every single decision whether they agree or not.d
    BardStuff--I agree. I don`t think business are built on friendships, necessarily, but partnerships are key.The Google guys are a great example--know your weaknesses and don`t kid yourself.
    Mike--I see where you`re coming from now. That is challenging. Especially the construction business... There seems to be a lot of turnover in this industry.I don`t have any experience in this area, so take this for what it`s worth, but as naive as it sounds, I do believe in this ownership of the vision thing. And, I think you need to show them the financial co-incentive.I`d like to hear from some other folks here on this.It deserves a seperate post.
    Matt