WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need a little booster shot to leave your corporate job?

PamSlimPamSlim subscriber Posts: 2
edited August 2006 in Office Workers
Hi SUN Forum Friends!
In the spirit of lifting each other up to keep our dreams alive for entrepreneurship, I would like to offer a little flash movie I created to inspire my blog readers.  It is called My Declaration of Independence, and after viewing it, I invite you to shout yours from the rooftop!  I hope you enjoy it.
Keep up all the good work, information sharing and emotional support you have going on in this virtual community.  You are not alone!
All the best,
-Pamhttp://www.escapefromcubiclenation.com</A>
Rich inspired me to update my profile with some pictures as part of the new and improved photo gallery function.  I encourage you to do the same - it was really fun choosing the images from all of my archives!

Comments

• MiraMira subscriber Posts: 0
    Dear Pam,
    I just joined StartupNation and your video was the first thing I bumped into on the home page.  I love it so much.  It makes me feel like, YES! I`ve joined the community I`ve been looking for.  Thanks.
    --Mira
    p.s. Also joined your web site.  Please keep what you are doing.  Start up entrepreneurs like me need all the nudges and encouragement to keep plugging.
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    pam,
    LOVE THE VIDEO!!!!! really amazing - it`s great to have you among us! inspiring us! calling on us to tap the very best within us!
    keep up the beautiful work!
    rich
    (this post deserved 9 excalamation points! (make that 10))
  • MelissaMelissa subscriber Posts: 7
    Pam,
    Great video...and as someone who just recently stopped dreaming about working for myself and started doing it, I can`t recommend it highly enough. 
  • PamSlimPamSlim subscriber Posts: 2
    Hey, thanks everyone!
    I am so glad you enjoyed it.  I had fun making it.  It reminded me that being creative is a huge priority in my life, and I am so glad that I can do it as part of my business.  I am so glad to hear that you are being creative in your businesses too!
    Congrats Melissa on busting free!  I remember reading your posts from earlier in the year, when you were still on the fence.  Your skills as a financial AND wedding planner will make you truly unique in your line of business.  I wish you great success, fun and happiness.
    Mira:  Welcome to the community!  You will find great support and resources here.  If you haven`t hopped, skipped and jumped through the 10 Steps to Open for Business yet, please do, as they will really help you formulate a solid base for your business. 
    Rich:  Thanks!!!!!!  Especially for the exclamation points. 
    Enjoy your day.
    -Pam

• MeitziMeitzi subscriber Posts: 4
    THANK YOU, PAM!! 
    This is so inspiring!! I came to work today feeling a bit down - you know one of those days when you hearing the little devil telling you, "It ain`t gonna happen!"  Thanks to this wonderful, beautiful, and inspiring movie!! I got the `to-do` list and am ready to go!
    (Ps. I am not an emotional person by all means, but the clip of the puppy  "I will screw up and keep going anyway" gave me teary eyes...)

I am so glad Meitzi!!!
    That is so funny that you talk about the little devil whispering in your ear.  One of the driving thoughts behind the work that I am doing is to be the "other voice" whispering in people`s ear.  It can be so challenging to keep the faith going to work on a business when you get so many discouraging messages on a daily basis.  Many of them come from within "I don`t really have what it takes to make it, who am I kidding?" or "I will never make money at my business!" and some of them come from outside "Why would you ever choose to leave the stability of a well paying job?" (parents, bless their hearts, can be really good at these fear-producing comments)
    Unlike you, I cry at the drop of a hat - my husband laughs at me when I get all choked up at a Kodak commercial.  There ain`t nothing wrong with feeling girl - embrace your inner crybaby! 
    Have at it -- we can`t wait to hear how things develop with your business.
    -Pam
  • themadsincitybakerthemadsincitybaker subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Pam,
    I would love to see your movie, as I am 2 seconds from calling it quits at my "Good 6 figure Corporate Job" wink, wink!

Thanks,
    Themadsincitybaker
  • themadsincitybakerthemadsincitybaker subscriber Posts: 1
    I finally saw it and it was so encouraging!
    Thank you:)

• OnlineSidingJamesOnlineSidingJames subscriber Posts: 2
  • PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Hi Pam,
    I love your video! Thank you so much for sharing your positive message! With so much negativity in the world, it`s great to hear words of encouragement.
    Have a great day!
    Melanie
    Thanks Melanie, Kathy, The "Mad Sin City Baker!" and James!
    I am so glad you liked it.
    We gotta keep each other going, you know?
    I wish you all heaploads of fun and success in your own businesses. 
    -Pam
  • newbiesecuritynewbiesecurity subscriber Posts: 1
    I thought this article was funny and inspiring. http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/0 ... s-you-shou ld-never-get-a-job/
    newbiesecurity2006-11-23 11:39:39
  • newbiesecuritynewbiesecurity subscriber Posts: 1
    There shouldn`t be a space between the "u" and the "l" in the link, but the post window keeps wrapping the link and breaking it. Sorry.
  • onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    Bravo Pam, Bravo!!!
    I shared your link with a few friends who I feel will appreciate your message.
    Regards,
    Johnonlineeater2006-11-30 1:39:40
    Thanks so much John!I really appreciate you passing on the word.Have a great weekend.-Pam