WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

2 Words Worth Their Weight In Gold

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited May 2008 in Marketing
There are two words that are worth their weight in gold. Sadly, some marketers never say them to their customers or they don`t say them nearly enough. What are those two words? "Thank you!" When was the last time you actually said thank you to your customers?

The reason I bring this up is because a few days ago, I sent an e-mail to all of my clients thanking them for their business. That was all my e-mail said. "Thank you! I appreciate your business!" There was no sales pitch.

Anyway, this morning I received a substantial copywriting order from one of my clients. It was their largest purchase yet, and that`s saying a lot, because this particular client hadn`t purchased any of my services in over a year. She said my "thank you" e-mail made her feel important - that her business mattered and wasn`t being taken for granted.

Anyway, the moral of this story is, try saying thank you to your customers without an ulterior motive - without trying to sell them something.

The good will that you develop will be worth its weight in gold!

Dale King

DKing5/18/2008 10:40 AM

Comments