WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

A business name selling designer handbags

Geoch21Geoch21 subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2009 in Selecting a Business
Hi everyone!
I am starting a small business selling designer handbags and I really need a good catchy name! Please help! I really appriciate it!  
Thank you!

Comments

• ObsidianLaunchObsidianLaunch subscriber Posts: 7
    Have you sold any already?  If customers have bought them already, what are their impressions? What do they think it should be called?
    Often customers define the ultimate name, and a smart company will adjust. The most well known example being FedEx ofcourse. They were Federal Express, yet people called them FedEx... what did they do? Change their name, their brand to FedEx.
    Listen to your customers and what they have to say (that is if you have any yet).
  • Geoch21Geoch21 subscriber Posts: 1
    First of all thank you for responding! My audience is all types teens, mid 20,30, 40, and even 50`s., and just women! Yes I have sold some already and my clients so far have been very very satisfied with their product.  I am getting asked for business cards but I dont know what do name it! It`s more like a fashion thing you know?
  • ObsidianLaunchObsidianLaunch subscriber Posts: 7
    Geoch21,
    Ask your customers what you should name it.  They are just like a focus group (but for free). 
    I would believe they are a better source for picking a name, since they have seen, held and used your product.  The members of this forum don`t have the advantage of knowing or using your product, so I believe the name would be less poignant.ObsidianLaunch2007-7-14 9:40:7
  • Geoch21Geoch21 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you very much! But I have and it doesnt seem to help either!
  • CosmopupCosmopup subscriber Posts: 2
    My business partner and I were going to open a store selling purses and handbags, accessories etc.. and we wanted to call it "pursenalities" or "pursonalities".  You get the idea ~ playing off the word purse.  We ended up not doing it right now, but maybe in the future......
  • kerstenpretty21kerstenpretty21 subscriber Posts: 0
    what sort of bags do you sell? it depends on the variety. if it is printed bags or native bags then choose a name that is appropriate. if you are gonna sell bags that are for sports or for climbing out bag is a good name. =)
    bags for all seasons..custom plastic bags