WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to market sports themed shirts to athletes?

ProdigyProdigy subscriber Posts: 19
edited July 2007 in Marketing
Any ideas on how to market sports themed t-shirts to athletes?

Comments

• Options
    ObsidianLaunchObsidianLaunch subscriber Posts: 7
    I agree with nhgnikole, leverage the "heroes" of the industry.  Give you shirts away to the athletes that people look up to.  We all want to be like the people we respect. There is no question if someone I respect has or does something that I will pay attention to it, and maybe emulate it (by buying your shirts).
  • Options
    macwritermacwriter subscriber Posts: 0
    Is there anything about your shirts that make them unique from other sports shirts? Either the fabric technology, the design, etc?If so, then it could be worth your while to do a press release. Also try article marketing, based on the unique features and important keywords of your biz.Also, have you determined what you can spend to market each shirt? If so, determine your cost per click you`d pay and do some Adwords ads - you can sell nationally - so adwords is a natural fit. I`d start with the search network ads and test and retest before getting into the content network-you`ll have fewer clicks, but you`ll have less waste. If you eventually decide to do pay per click banner ads, show a good photo of the shirt and the price-that will reduce wasted clicks, too.macwriter7/22/2008 2:44 PM