WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

company giving me bad checks

MikeCmia23MikeCmia23 subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2007 in New Member Welcome

I need some help trying to resolve a problem I have. I work for a company that keeps giving me bad checks I understand if it happens once but its happening more now I want to report this company to stop giving me bad check cause its fraud. Can someone point me to the right direction to report such criminal activity.
Thanks
Mike C

Comments

• patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    where i live, we call the local police
  • MikeCmia23MikeCmia23 subscriber Posts: 1
    Independent Contractor I provide services. Yes I get paid evenutally but just when theres money in his bank to clear the funds. should I write a letter too the company a invoice demanding to get paid. no i dont get the money paid back for the bad checks. Im in Florida and its the only work ive found before this company I`ve been out of work from 6months.

• MikeCmia23MikeCmia23 subscriber Posts: 1
    The person who writes me thhe checks is the owner so should i go after the company or him or both ?
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member

I need some help trying to resolve a problem I have. I work for a company that keeps giving me bad checks I understand if it happens once but its happening more now I want to report this company to stop giving me bad check cause its fraud. Can someone point me to the right direction to report such criminal activity.
    Thanks
    Mike CMike C,Obviously this company is not taking you seriously or know that if they got away with it once they can get away with it again. Your best bet is that you start charging them a $29.00 dollar Bounced check fee plus any other charges that may apply such as late fees. At one point this was happening to me with one of my customers, so I toughened up my Check policies, and added a $29.00 dollar bounced check fee plus a $49.00 late fee and a $150.00 cancellation and restitution fee. (if they decide to play games and not pay). So for a $49.99 service charge, if their check bounces they are looking at about $128.98, and if they can`t pay I simply disconnect them and they have to pay all the fee`s mentioned above and I won`t turn their service back on till all fees are cleared. (this only applies to checks)I hate to be harsh but they have to understand that every company in America does it, why shouldn`t I? try being late on your car payment or cell phone, don`t they shut you off? same principal. I hope this helps... Nuevolution2007-8-9 13:15:39