WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Best Marketing For Consumer Review Site

consumertreehouseconsumertreehouse subscriber Posts: 11
edited November 2007 in Marketing
Hello everyone,I own a consumer review website and was looking for you thoughts on what direction I should go in when it comes to marketing, advertising, and promotion.I have been using Viral marketing so far and things seem to be working. I am not selling anything, just providing the public with an outlet to review all the products and services that we use on a regular basis.Take a look at my site and let me know. I am reworking the design now and will be adding a custom made logo soon.http://www.consumertreehouse.comThank you in advance. 

Comments

• CookieMonsterCookieMonster subscriber Posts: 0
    The marketing isn`t going to be your problem - this category is very crowded - and differentiation is tough in a market where everyone is already trying to differentiate themselves. You need to focus very hard on some kind of competitive advantage before you get to marketing.
  • consumertreehouseconsumertreehouse subscriber Posts: 11
    Thank you for your response. My site provides the public with 100% unbiased and unsolicited product reviews that are all user-created and published, along the same lines as Wikipedia. I created the site out of my frustration at not being able to find a site the provides the service that mine does. I research everything before I make a purchase, as do a majority of other people, and my site, should be the only place where consumers need to go in order to hear what their peers have to say about the products and services that interest them.If you know of any sites similar to mine please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance and thanks for the response.