WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is it legal to hand out flyers in front of a mall-business?

conciergelady1conciergelady1 subscriber Posts: 2
edited October 2007 in Marketing
I would like to know if I need a permit to hand out flyers in front of a mall or a business in a strip mall?  I have tried to contact the manager several times at this small mall in my town without any success.  So now I am wondering if I just go and hand out my flyers would that be legal?
I know I cant flyer cars - I already checked on that. If someone has some knowlege in this area I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks so much
concierge lady in NJ

Comments

• DGoodinDGoodin subscriber Posts: 6
    Most malls and mini-malls have rules about solicitation, and I believe that being on their property and handing out flyers or "hand bills" is considered solicitation.
    Check and see if the management company for the business has a web site, and look for any rules or guidlines they might have on the subject.
    Hope this helps...
  • conciergelady1conciergelady1 subscriber Posts: 2
    Thank you  Dave and Nevadascul for your help. I didnt think it would be possible but I needed confirmation as I wasnt 100% sure. Will keep on calling the manager of this mini mall. I really want to rent a table there but they have a long of list of people that must rent all the time. Nov and Dec would be good for me to be there as its holiday time and good for my business.
    jo - nj
  • nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    You don`t need the manager of the mall if you can get permission from one of the stores owners to allow you to pass out flyers infron of their store front.
  • micsimonianmicsimonian subscriber Posts: 1
    nevadascul is right you just need permission from a store owners how ever i dont know how is going to alow that, since is not benefital to store owner

• conciergelady1conciergelady1 subscriber Posts: 2
    Well thats good news. I offer errand & concierges services. I think I may be able to generate some interest for some stores at the mall.  Stores managers / owners at the mall may be interested in my shopping services that I provide. Thanks for the idea