WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Critique Me Please

slearslear subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2009 in Website Critique
Hi,
Please critique my site.http://www.artistryarts.com/
Thanks so much!
Sharon

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Visually it`s OK .... I like the colors, although the dark text within the colors doesn`t stand out too well. I think you could utilize the top of the page better .... you have a large blank area at the top right, and open space in the sponsors area .... I would combine both into the top without getting it too cluttered .... this would fill it in niclely and get your products a little higher on the page.
    On the main page, the right sidebar makes it crowded .... maybe move this to the left under the menu so it isn`t so cramped, and this would also extend the menu with the very tall page you have.
    Getting into the categories, it looks like an auction, which isn`t mentioned on the main page, so you might want to make that aspect more prominent upfront .....  again, dark text/dark background isn`t helpful ....
    If possible, create unique page titles for every page with unique descriptions, add alt tags to the product images, and get some h1/h2 tags in there for SEO help. A sitemap would help for visitors and search engines. URL rewriting would also be beneficial.
    Note * Didn`t mean to copy ideas4 thoughts, we posted at the same time.Webline2/24/2009 5:04 PM
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    P`shaw ..... t`warnt nothing ... I`m just an old grump ....
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I`ll bet that I am the oldest grump here!
    Sharon - I like the concept and the colors, and I understand your "featured artists" on the right side.  I am just guessing that this is where artists who pay will find themselves here once in a while?
    I also understand that you really can`t control the photos uploaded by the artists.
    Your About page shouldn`t be so hidden.  And, I really don`t like the all-centered text.  (That may be just me).