WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Critique my web app and website

WebsitesUnleashedWebsitesUnleashed subscriber Posts: 4
edited February 2009 in Website Critique
This account is actually for my website business, Websites Unleashed. I used to participate fairly often in the website critique forum, but for the last couple months I`ve been working hard on a web app startup called LinkLarry. Unlike most startups, LinkLarry is targeting webmasters for adoption versus executing a grassroots movement for end users. The site design is a modified template and I`m considering doing a custom redesign for the official launch.
I don`t want to skew the reactions to how the site is setup so I`ll leave the description at that. I`m here to ask for some honest feedback on both the web application and the supporting website. Organization of information, presentation, design/appearance, functionality, etc let me know what you think. I understand that my target audience doesn`t exactly match those at SuN, but I feel the feedback from other entrepreneurs will be valuable.
It`s been journey to get to this point, so I`ll end with a quote that is quite relevant and I have come to appreciate from my experience:
"If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late"
Thanks in advanced to those who comment.

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I agree .... I`m totally confused and really don`t get it the way it`s explained .... maybe it is a neat idea, but I have no idea the way it`s written .... what would be helpful is some type of visual flowchart to simply show what to do and how it works....
    On the demo, there is a huge box, with a form and login/register options .... the "What`s This" mouseover flashes so fast it can`t be read ..... so it`s basically bulky and not informative in an easy way ....
  • WebsitesUnleashedWebsitesUnleashed subscriber Posts: 4
    Thanks for the comments.
    Craig - I`m building up the FAQ, but I was intending for people to get the quick info from either the Webmaster or End User pages so it`s relevant to them.
    Webline - There`s some browser display issues we`re working out with that button. I want use the jQuery displays, but I don`t want to increase the load times. I think I have a good idea for a flowchart/visual to show how it works.
    My main issue right now presenting the service to the two main audiences when it`s a new concept for both of them. I`ve been working on it so long it`s second nature so getting fresh impressions is always helpful.