WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Help needed...

PerfectPlayersPerfectPlayers subscriber Posts: 1
I am a rather young individual and am trying to start my own website. I have a fuctional domain/url, got it from webs.com. I know it`s not the best but its something to work with. I just started working on it today and I wondered how I might create a login feature. Would This cost me out of poket expenses? Or does it require codeing? I am quite confused and thought I might post here, hopefully I get replys.

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    A login feature is not that complex, but it depends upon what other features you want as part of or behind the login. With a login you need to think about how login and passwords are generated and managed.

Using a pre-made script may be your best bet. Just do a search for scripts using a search term relevant to your site or features. Membership site, gaming site, etc.

~Roland
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Like Craig stated, what is the purpose of having one? It`s only practical if it serves a purpose, so if you want to have member profiles, limited access to some pages by members, etc., then it makes sense. But understand why you want to do it to start with; just thinking it`s a "cool" feature and adding it is not beneficial.