WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

The domain name I need is owned...help

VEPSVEPS subscriber Posts: 4
The domain name that would benefit me most is already owned.  I have tried to reach out to the owner and have never gotten a response.  The existing site seems like a place holder.  Related search terms to the domain name hyperlinked to other pages of more related searches.

Is there a reliable service that could track down the owner and obtain the domain name for me efficiently.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I think that Sedo and GoDaddy offer domain brokers that assist in getting domain names that are already taken ... in the meantime, try to find alternate domain names that would work, just in case ....
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member

The domain name that would benefit me most is already owned.  I have tried to reach out to the owner and have never gotten a response.  The existing site seems like a place holder.  Related search terms to the domain name hyperlinked to other pages of more related searches.  Is there a reliable service that could track down the owner and obtain the domain name for me efficiently.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Have you tried whois.com?
    If you go to GoDaddy and search for your domain name, their site will offer dozens of similar sounding sites for your consideration.
    By the way, it is useless to shop different registrars because they all use the same database.  Pick one and stick with them.
    Ajaxwhois is a GoDaddy reseller, but I do like their "instant" check on domains. 
  • EricCorlEricCorl subscriber Posts: 0
    I was going to recommend utilizing http://www.ajaxwhois.com as well.
    Is the domain name a key part of your brand or are you worried about indexing?EricCorl12/11/2008 6:17 PM
    Is there a reason that you don`t want to ask for naming advice here?  What is the domain you wanted and what is the nature of the business?