WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Hello hello hello....

WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
edited October 2008 in New Member Welcome
hi friends,

long long time reader/advice taker and definitely appreciate the wealth of information on this website.  i have not formally introduced myself until now.  i wanted to wait because i wanted to materialize some success on the internet before showing everyone my face

well here i am and i am glad to finally have made this post.  i am a corporate finance professional and despite making a comfortable 6 figure living there is something about the internet business concept that has always attracted me.  i have always wanted to delve into this arena and create a passive and residual stream on income.

i understand it takes very long, a lot of time, focus, patience and persistence to go with a lot of frustration at time and for some of us even money/investment.  i chose the internet because of low start up costs if any.  no rents/mortgages or other sunk costs to commit to.  the long term promise is promising if one sticks to it.

over time i was able to create a ecommerce website that did quite well. i sold it back in october. since then i have been managing two websites and a third one in the works.  both websites are information based websites.  i currently earn revenues from 6 diverse internet income streams such as google adsense, affiliates, referrals, vendor paid ads, online surveys and eproducts like ebooks and CDs (some my own and some from affiliates).

i have been very pleased with the results and the passive nature of the income flow.  a lot of people dont think this is a real/true business.  where do you stand on that - i am just curious?  it won`t make any difference as we all have our opinions on what is what.  i personally feel it is.  and to me as long as you are happy doing what you are doing and getting results - all else doesnt matter much.  i am looking forward to earning more money online by duplicating my efforts and putting into effect what has worked for me. 

i am very much curious to hear your thoughts on my projects (i.e. what you think, long term prospects, chances of sustaining, is it a business in your opinion, would you do it etc?)

looking forward to healthy discussions with everyone

good luck to all!
WebJunky10/8/2008 7:23 PM

Comments